*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2239448-The-Joint
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Liana
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #2239448
A short story from my writing prompt book. The book gives you words for a short story.
The Joint, as it was called, was owned by Ralph Thompson who not only owned it but caused quite a bit of controversy when he announced that he would be working there as a bartender as well. The townsfolk thought it was awkward that a man with the business acumen of Ralph would do something most thought was rather juvenile.
Jenna walked in with an apple in her right hand and a cup of sassafras in the left. She gave her skirt a twirl as she sat at the far end of the bar. Although she could still move like a dancer, her right ankle was wrapped in an ace bandage as it was sprained. She ordered a bourbon on the rocks and a martini. Although she was the most gracious of the patrons, even she could not avoid the oxidation when she drank.
Robert, a local laborer, entered the bar with a clown mask from the carnival that was in town. He and Jenna were old friends, and she slid him the bourbon and the two caught up over drinks.



(A little different from the original, but I think we all do that.)
© Copyright 2020 Liana (jbardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2239448-The-Joint