*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2240116-A-Ghostly-Mistake
Rated: E · Fiction · Experience · #2240116
Lisa wanted to return this weird package, but circumstances made it difficult...
Lisa, my neighbor, watches paranormal shows. She likes the scare. “It’s exciting, and downright terrifying sometimes!”

One day I sat down with Lisa and watched the team drive to this haunted cemetery in Georgia. It was nearing dusk, and everyone got out to investigate. I could just make out this huge birdlike figure hiding behind a tree as one of the team members walked near the area. She jumped back when this thing flew up into the trees.

We watched as the team fled to the car. They just started the car when it began to rock back and forth. That huge birdlike figure must have jumped onto their car. The men got out and were ready to chase it, and we heard these huge flapping wings retreat up in the tree, branches breaking.

One morning, Lisa received something weird in the mail. She called me to come over. The address was hers so she opened it and this scary-looking doll stared back at us with a note saying, "Happy Halloween!' It had a booklet that said the doll was possessed. We both stepped back, not wanting to get near it.

We needed to get the doll out of her house, so we stored it in her camper. Lisa asked around but no one sent it. It’s creepy just thinking about anyone doing such a thing!

We asked a UPS worker if anyone was missing a package. Lisa informed them that a doll was sent to her house which she never ordered. She went on to explain, “The papers inside the box claim the doll is possessed by a ghost.”

The lady stared at her in disbelief. “We’ll ask around, hold on to the package until we find the rightful owner.”

I snickered, "She wants us to keep it!"

Maybe we should check on the doll, “Who knows, it could have taken off somewhere!”

That sounded so far out, I laughed. She joined in and it took the edge off this weird incident. Lisa checked on the doll, but it wasn’t where she put it. We finally found it in a corner of the camper. "How did it get out of the box?" We didn't want to touch it, so we left it there.

The doll’s rightful owner was happy to retrieve his latest prize, and he handed Lisa a package, "This came to my house the other day. Maybe there's a mischievous witch in the area playing tricks. I'm Liam Schull!"

She laughed, "I'm Lisa Scholl! A couple of numbers in our addresses are switched around. It's funny we never got each other's mail before."

"I just moved here, so I'm sure it might happen again," Liam explained. "Hey, want to check out my dolls?"

Lisa hesitated, "Sure, we would love to."

I unwillingly went along and knew I'll have nightmares from what I witnessed. These horrible dolls moved their head as I passed by, some even smiled, showing human teeth! I ran out with Lisa right behind me.

500 words




© Copyright 2020 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2240116-A-Ghostly-Mistake