*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241068-Wake-Up
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2241068
Flash Fiction
Wake up

Waking up, I opened my eyes, but I wasn’t in my bed. Immediate panic turned quickly to interest, I must still be dreaming! I’d always heard of people realizing they were dreaming, and then being able to manipulate the dream. Excitedly I looked around, but there didn’t seem to be anything to manipulate, all around me was white nothingness.

As panic started to return, I heard a voice.

“We’ve been expecting you.”

I wrenched around, looking everywhere, but still all I saw was white. The voice spoke again.

“Calm down, you are safe.”

Suddenly I was calm. I don’t know why, nothing had changed, but all my fear was gone replaced with curiosity.

“Where are you? Where am I?” I asked, almost laughing. I sounded as calm as if I were asking for a drink of water.

“You are on the brink of a decision.”

I tried to clear my head. A decision. Do I remember any decisions I was trying to make? What was happening before I fell asleep?

Suddenly the moment crashed into my head. I was not asleep. I was angry. I was so angry I rushed out to my car and sped off to get away from everyone. It was a silly argument, but I was livid! I drove away so fast, too fast, not paying attention. As I sped around the corner, there was a woman crossing the street, she looked up.

“She was on her way home with groceries to feed her children. She’s a hard-working single mother, a good person.”

“What can I do?”

“You will either hit her, and she will die, or you will hit that building, and you will die. You get to decide. Either way, your life, as you know it, is over.”

If only you got to choose.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241068-Wake-Up