*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241412-At-Your-Door-by-JP-Carter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Angel
Rated: E · Review · Opinion · #2241412
A thriller/detective story
This is advertised as a gripping thriller, and I did find it had many twists and turns. It felt at first like your everyday detective story, but I did find myself engrossed in the story despite this.

It is a two-fold story, the first of a young girl, how she was killed and by who, along with the missing daughter ten years previously, of the detective in charge. The two stories run alongside each other and you find yourself invested in both stories and how the detective manages both high profile cases and the emotional toll it takes on her. This book is part of a series, number two, and it does refer back to the previous book, which is a separate story. I was concerned it would reveal what happened, but it doesn’t, so you can read the books as stand-alone stories, but do think it may be better to read the series from the start.

© Copyright 2021 Angel (angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241412-At-Your-Door-by-JP-Carter