*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242003-Stolen
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2242003
Write the best POEM or STORY in 24 hours or less and win 10K GPs!
Every morning I make my way to the front door to retrieve the newspaper on the step for my morning routine. But for the last week, it’s been missing. I called the newspaper company, and they insisted that they are dropping off with no change to the paper carrier or location: same person, same place. I’m tired of someone messing with me. So, I went, and I got a doorbell camera to catch who or what is doing it. I’m proud that I set it up by myself and did a test, and all is working. That night I go to bed and sleep like a baby, thinking it will solve my problems.

The next morning, I check the footage. And what I found was unimaginable. It was me! I’m the only one in the frame taking the paper and throwing it over my neighbor’s fence. No wonder I didn’t see it. Unknown to me, I also sleepwalk. Where else have I gone or done up to this point?

169 Words
© Copyright 2021 J. Legacy (elsabella83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242003-Stolen