*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242176-Spring-Things
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2242176
Flash Fiction
Spring Things

Laying in the hammock in the backyard. I did not want to get up. I was supposed to be cleaning up the yard, and it really needed it. Spring can be so cruel, especially when you are one of those people who don’t do any clean-up work in the fall. I always assume I’ll have more enthusiasm in the spring. And I do! It’s the energy that gives me issues, especially as the years go by...

As I lay there looking at the beautiful blue sky, the beautiful neat clean orderly blue sky, with just those neat white clouds floating by, I suddenly noticed something off.

There in my neat sky something was amiss. One of the clouds was not white, it actually looked more light green. And it didn’t seem fluffy, it looked rounder, like a ball. It also was not drifting well with the other clouds. It looked like it was trying, just not succeeding.

Thinking I might have fallen asleep, I shook my head, but that was a mistake! The light green ball must have seen me, it changed directions and bolted in my direction! Fast!!

I jumped so quickly, seeing it coming I totally forgot I was in the hammock! I spun around I don’t know how many times, ending up in a face plant on the ground with one leg still caught in the hammock and laying on my arm. Still, I twisted around to see if the green ball had gotten to me!

It was gone. My neighbor was running across the yard, having seen me flip. So embarrassing! I must really have been asleep...

Yet tonight as I looked out my window at the full moon, I swear I saw a light green spot, and I swear, it winked at me.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242176-Spring-Things