*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242193-A-Permanent-Anchor
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #2242193
Contest January entry: My Anchor Holds In The Time of Storm.
My anchor holds in times of the storm. The purpose of an anchor is to keep a boat or ship in place on the water. There are two main types of anchors, temporary and permanent.

When I was a young girl, I remember my mother singing the song “In Times Like These.” I didn’t understand that song back then, but I do now!

I thank God my anchor holds and has a very tight grip on the solid rock, Jesus Christ. No matter what storms or challenges life throws at me, I can rest comfortably knowing that my boat is securely anchored. My anchor is permanent, and I shall not move. I could tell so many stories about how well my anchor holds.

The year 2020 was a rough year for everyone, I think. In 2020 I was thoroughly tested. I had some personal health issues that made it nearly impossible to work. We had a worldwide pandemic, which threatened my health issues and added a challenge and fear to my life. I had started a new job and lost a job as well. I had started a job that I liked but was unable to continue. However, God provided some pay for a few weeks even though I wasn’t working because of the pandemic. I was still processing grief from losing two very close family members during the second half of 2019. My dad and a cousin that was like a sister to me passed away only three months apart. I might add that was the last of the childhood family that I grew up seeing regularly. I thank God I still have other cousins and other distant family members, but it is a bit different from those that you grew up seeing all the time.

2020 was a year full of ups and downs for me, a year of reflecting and trying to survive it. God provided me with everything I needed. I had friends and family call me when I needed them. I would read a scripture verse that had just the right message at the right time. I was able to have enough food for myself and to share with others in time of need. I was able to get medical care when I needed it. I had an income when under normal circumstances, I would not have had one. My anchor definitely holds in time of storm.

It is now 2021, and a new set of challenges has begun. I can rest assured my anchor will continue to hold in any storm.

Notes
© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242193-A-Permanent-Anchor