*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242631-The-Birth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Preface · Action/Adventure · #2242631
Some are born half-human and some half the beast himself.
When we are children, we hear stories of Ogres, Trolls, Elves, Farries, Mermaids, and even Wizards. All the stories we heard are true, well at least the creatures themselves are. You see I am the descendant of the worst kind of creature that had ever lived. My name is Loalsa and I am living on earth as a normal human being and before I share with you my story, I must tell you hers. My mother was born in the Lower Plains of Daygon on the Planet Zanarian.
Inside a world long before earth, Planet Zanarian resided in this galaxy. Housing many creatures and humans, the Gods used the planet as a trial. The water surrounded land as we see in our world today, and the mountains reached for the skies as the sandy desert heat wore the day into chilly nights. The grassy hills were decorated with flowers and trees as the birds sang, the bees buzzed into flight and the squirrels raced the chipmunks for acorns.
My grandmother resided on Zanarian as a human. She was the wife of a man who had many troubles from many enemies. He owed so many in labor fees and favors that his desperate acts nearly brought him to an end. He prayed on the night the Great Quidadius had summoned his goons to bring him to his death. He was answered by one God. The devil himself appeared before this broken man and gave him a chance to overcome his woes. “Give yourself to me. Offer me the soul that is soiled by your lies and promises, and I shall grant you your life. “
My grandmother stood witness in horror as the Devil stood in her home. She believed her husband would take any measures to weasel his way about and so she begged him. “Please do not! Oh, dear please do not!”
“I love you Sara. Please forgive me” That would be the first time he had told her since there union. “Please remember the man I was and not the man I have become.”
The Devil now moved closer. “I am not going to wait. Give me your soul and I will honor you with life as this has never happened. “
My grandmother knew then he would die on that very night. Her husband stood with his head up high and replied to the Devil. “If I had given you my soul, life would never be the same. I will not give you my soul.”
My grandmother now shed tears of fear for herself as the devil approached her placing his hand on her stomach. “I will not have arrived for nothing. As I take what I came for, I will leave you with a gift.”
He then grabbed her husband, and both disappeared into thin air. My grandmother stood in complete shock and wondered what had just happened before her very eyes. She felt the changes happening immediately as her stomach rounded and hunger took over any emotion that would have otherwise been tormenting. She ate until she slept, as she did over the course of the pregnancy. She avoided the other beings of the world, especially the other humans. They were more God-fearing than most humans are here on earth, as the Gods resided on Zanarien amongst their creations at times. She feared what the people would do. They would lynch her and her offspring while saying that the devil would have to accepted in her heart to do such a thing. Her husband’s lie became her own as she would say that he just never returned home.
Her pregnancy only held for nine weeks as her evil puppy grew fast. The night had been hot, and the air lay still. Sara had awakened by the pains that wrapped her torso and sweat seeped through her skin. She sat up slowly and prayed her offspring would at the least appear human. She knew in her heart; the chances were that she would have to kill the beast. Climbing out of bed, she slipped out of her nightclothes and into a house dress with pockets. She placed a small knife into one of the pockets she had sewn on and begin to gather a lantern, a canteen with water, and a blanket. Looking out the window, she checked to see if anyone was around. She only saw the tavern keep across the way as he stumbled out into the dirt road. As he disappeared into the night, she opened the door and began to sneak away.
Her travel was slow, but she knew she had to hide. Sara struggled as the water dripped down her legs and birthing began with a tare. Her fears took over now for her own life. Her mind raced and her heartbeat against the inside of her chest like thunder. The forest lining only feet away and she fell to her knees. She took a deep breath and realigned her thoughts. Knowing that she would have been killed if seen, getting to the Lower Plains Forest had to happen. Slowly getting back to her feet she moved just inside where her safety from eyes was promised but fear of the unknown set in.
The Lower Plains Forest held many stories of all that lay dead or evil. These were stories that children shared to scare one another, or parents told their children from the forest with. Sara had never believed them as a child or as an adult, but she began to believe on the night her offspring was conceived by the evil hand that had taken her husband and left her a gift.
As she grabbed the first tree in the forest, she felt a moist and warm liquid and gasped pulling her had back. Blood dripped from her shaking hand splashing into the dirt below her feet. Pushing herself forward, she stepped further in until she found a bare spot on the dirt. She spread the blanket and begin to get down on her knees and then turned herself down onto her back. The moon speared its light down between the trees and her lantern was not needed. Sudden whispers communicated with her. “Eva. We have been waiting for you child.”
Sara could feel hands about her entire body and all the pain had depleted into blissful normalcy as if her body had never gone through anything. Visions of a white environment blinded her from her surroundings and the whispers continued in their soft chants. “Come home Eva, we have been waiting for you.”
The whispers had silenced as suddenly as they had arrived, and her visions returned. She was now sitting up against a tree. There was no more pain and her body remained as before the Devil happened to her. She looked down in her arms and wrapped in the blanket was now the newborn. Lifting the blanket from the baby’s face, she looked into the coal-black eyes of a red-faced horned spawn. Completely removing the blanket, she saw, the baby had a tail and claws. Mother instinct struck her soul and she began to pull the newborn into her breast as tears rolled down her face. She thought about the knife in her pocket knew she had to do the right thing. “I am sorry Eva. I wish this could be different. “
As Sara removed the small knife a noise came from a distance. Tossing the creature into the dirt she stood and ran. As she reached the lining of the woods she thought for a moment. “Maybe your chances are good here. I hope that someday you will understand.”





© Copyright 2021 Loretta Smart (newretta72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242631-The-Birth