*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243587-First-Winter-with-Space-Kid-and-Munch
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #2243587
Space Kid experiences their first winter with their bestfriend Munch.
It started as a normal day.

Space Kid had just woken up when they pulled the cover off of them and shivered.

Space Kid's POV

'Why is it so cold?' I thought as I was looking for my socks. I found them on the floor and put them on. I put on my helmet and went downstairs to find some food.

I looked at the clock on the wall, which said 6:34. I'm not really a breakfast person, so I just got a sandwich. I went looking for Effie, who was still asleep.

For some reason, the closer you were to the windows, the colder it got. So, I looked out the window.

It was covered in...white.

I called Munch because I knew she would have an explanation for this. I wasn't exactly scared, but I was...so incredibly confused.

Space Kid - Bold
Munch - Italics

Hey Munch,

Yeah, Space Kid, what's wrong?

Wh-Why is there white outside?

White? What do you mean whi-

*gasp* Oh. My. Goodness. It's snowing!

Snowing? Is it bad? It sounds bad.

Of course not! Come over to my house! I'll let you in. Bye!

*call ended*

Munch's POV

"Omg, I can't believe it's snowing!" I shouted, full of energy.

I looked outside for myself and took a picture. But why is it snowing? Didn't the forecast say it wasn't gonna snow?

I put on some more warm clothes to go outside. Right after I was done, I heard the doorbell ring. It must be Space Kid.

I quickly ran downstairs, almost tripping over a couple of steps, and opened the door for them.

"Munchie! Who's at the door?" I heard my mom ask from upstairs.

"It's Space Kid, mom! I got it."

"Is the snow water?" Space Kid asked.

"Huh? What are you ta-"

"Is. The. Snow. Water." Space Kid asked again.

"Yes, it's water. Why?"

"It melted in my hands." Space Kid said with sadness in their tone.

"Oh, that's why. Also, why don't you have any jackets on? It's pretty cold out."

"It's not really that cold. Well, not for me."

"Hold on. I'll be right back. Come inside. My mom made breakfast." I said.

I quickly ran upstairs to my room and grabbed a hoodie for Space Kid. If they didn't at least wear some kind of warmth, they would most likely get sick.

"Here, wear this." I tossed the hoodie to them.

"But, I'm not cold."

"I don't care. You're my best friend, and I don't want you getting sick."

Space Kid's POV

Munch tossed one of her hoodies so I wouldn't get sick.

"So, are you ready for a snow day?" she said with excitement.

"I'm not really sure. Is it safe?"

"Of course, it's safe. Didn't you walk over here?"

"Well, yeah. But-"

"Come on! Let's go make a snowman!" she said while handing me some mittens.

She quickly grabbed my arm and rushed the both of us towards her front door.

💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜

I'm sorry this was kind of long, I've had this idea for quite a while now. I'm currently working on the second part.

I hope you guys enjoy it!
(づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~
© Copyright 2021 • cosmoetic • (xarroties at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243587-First-Winter-with-Space-Kid-and-Munch