*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243660-The-End
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2243660
The world is ending and a new cult has arisen.
“It’s the end of times! Hell is upon us! Demons will walk the Earth! You are damned to Hell unless you come with us!” I hear a priest yelling over the TV. I change the channel.

“Flooding in the northern hemisphere due to the ice melting causing an abundance of water,” a news broadcaster says. I turn the TV off.

You know, I’d expect this to be more exciting.

Hi, I’m Jamie and the world is ending.

No, for real. Earth is moving towards the sun. The world is getting hotter each day, melting icecaps and making frozen land green. We are all going to die in a few days. Grim, I know. Most people are trying to spend it with their families, others are wreaking havoc. It’s kinda like the movie ‘The Purge’. There is no law when we are all dying anyway.

Well, there is one law: The Church. The Church is a worldwide cult, as I like to call it. They feed on the weakness of others. They say that we aren’t really moving into the sun, Hell is just coming to earth. They also say that they can stop it, or at least save you. This causes the most scared to listen.

How will they stop it, you ask? Well, listen up. A hundred virgins will be sacrificed and out of their blood, a creature will rise. It will have three heads and be eight-foot-tall. The head will be of a lion, an eagle, and a rhino, maybe? Anyways, it will bring them to victory against the Devil. This will send Hell back where it belongs. Of course, they need lots and lots of money to get ready for the battle.

Why am I telling you this? Because I’ve done something terrible and I need to tell someone. I’m trying to cope with what I’ve done, but I don’t think I can forgive myself.

Let’s just start from the beginning, ok?

My best friend is named Hazel. Was named Hazel. She was beautiful in all she did. She was short with long black hair that flowed so beautifully in the wind. She had eyes that would steal your thoughts. I loved her more than anything in this world, but she did not feel the same about me. To her, I was her dorky best friend with nothing going for him. Her boyfriend, on the other hand, was the opposite. She had a boyfriend that was big in The Church, you know the cult. He was willing to do anything for The Church and she would do anything for him.

I tried to stop her. I didn’t mean for it to happen this way.

She had come over to my house to tell me some news, she was so excited. I immediately knew that something was wrong. When she told me I knew that he had made her do this. He had convinced her to sacrifice herself as one of the virgins. She said it would bring meaning to her death and it would be alright.

I was so mad. How could she do this to me? Leave me like this at the end of times?

We argued for what seemed like forever. It was no use, he has brainwashed her. I was going to my room upstairs when she stopped me. I told her to leave, I didn’t want to be a part of her cult. She asked if we could just talk about it. There was nothing to talk about, she was going to sacrifice herself for someone else and she wanted me to be happy about it? When I loved her! I grabbed her and shook her, hard. “Why are you doing this to me?” I shouted at her. She pushed herself away from me and, and, she fell. She fell down the stairs and broke her neck. I rushed to her side but it was too late. She was gone.

She’s still in my house. I took her to my room and laid her on the bed. She looks so cozy there. I often curl up to her and look at her now lifeless eyes. That’s where I’ll be when the earth hits the sun, with my best friend.
© Copyright 2021 Creepycelery (creepycelery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243660-The-End