*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243938-A-Desire-Fulfilled-Is-A-Tree-of-Life
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Experience · #2243938
Written for a short story contest on the prompt anticipation.
Proverbs 13:12 (King James Version)

Hope deferred maketh the the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.


When I think of anticipation, the scripture verse shown above comes to mind. It is so disappointing when we don’t get what we are anticipating. Yet, when we receive it, it is such a joy.

When I was in fifth grade, I had a goal to have perfect attendance for the year. I had done so well until one day, a couple months before the school year had ended, I got sick. I went to school anyway. I kept laying my head on my desk just trying to get through the day. I was trying so hard to accomplish my goal. I would have been very disappointed if I was not able to have had perfect attendance for that school year.

The teacher felt compassion for me. She didn’t want to make me go home because she knew the goal I had set for myself. Finally, the teacher had an idea. There was a small storage room to the side of the classroom. She spread out a blanket on the floor and placed a pillow on it. After lunch, she brought me in there, and told me to lay down and rest. I ended up sleeping the rest of the school day in that small storage room. However, I was at school, and didn’t have to go home. Thankfully, I felt much better the next day.

At the end of the year during the awards ceremony, you know that was a good story for the teacher to tell about my determination. Not only did she help me achieve my goal, but she gave me a good memory and a life lesson. I was so excited to receive my perfect attendance award. I had earned it.

I identify as a Christian first, and then as a Baptist. As a Christian, I anticipate my soul living forever with Jesus in heaven with God the Father after my fleshly body dies. I have faith that I will not be disappointed. The apostle Paul says in one of his New Testament letters that for him to live was Christ and for him to die was gain. Have you ever heard the song, “I Can Only Imagine”? When I think about it too hard, all my anticipation leads me to desire the day when my soul goes to heaven. Yet, I know I must brave the suffering of this world to live for Christ, and to try to point other souls to him for that great Salvation.

Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Would you like to give your life to him today? Contact me, and I will be happy to talk to you about how to become a Christian. God loves you so much, and he desires to be in a close relationship with you today.

2 Corinthians 6:2
(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)


Notes
© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243938-A-Desire-Fulfilled-Is-A-Tree-of-Life