*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245168-My-Prediction-Of-Teleportation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Writing · #2245168
I made this from originally answering a Quora question at 15 years old.
19:10 08/02/2021
My Prediction of Teleportation:

First of all, you would have to pay to teleport publicly. Think of it a bit like public parking: The longer you stay there, the more you have to pay. If you don't pay, you get fined. The same for teleportation, except that the further you teleport, the more you pay.

You would walk into a room, which would be called a 'teleportation site'. The room consists of so many small chambers, each containing a scanner and a blinding white-light called a 'beam' above you. As the light is so bright, users are advised by a holographic screen in the room not to look up at any time. Doing so could cause blindness. You are also advised to refrain carrying any valuables on or with you, as the beam cannot teleport those items. If you have valuables on you that you cannot give to someone else or take off you, there are lockers available (at an extra cost) to those. The lockers have holographic locks, with face and fingerprint identification, so only one can get into them. Your valuables can only stay in them at a maximum of one year, otherwise you will be contacted and given forty-eight hours to take the items or have someone collect them for you, with identification. Otherwise they will be destroyed.

There are tall enough for anyone to use; even the tallest people. They each have a holographic barrier, to prevent people from illegally using them. They also have a number above them, each one different.

There would be a machine, similar to a parking ticket machine. It would have a screen on it, allowing you to pick your destination. The destinations are other teleportation sites, so one would have to walk a bit if the exact destination isn't teleportable to.

On the screen, it will firstlygive you the option of how much you want to pay, which is done electronically and wirelessly. Once you pay, the destination screen comes up, showing you all the destinations available to teleport to. The amount you have paid depends on what teleportation sites come up as available. If one doesn't come up as available, you would have to pay more until it did. This could be done by clicking on the 'pay more' side tab on the screen, as there will always be one available. Also, if you pay too much money, you cannot get the exceeding amount back.

After you pick the destination, a holographical barrier will dissapear, and the screen will tell the number of the chamber that you are to go to. You will pass through the barrier into the chamber. The holographic barrier will close again, with you inside the chamber. You are then advised three things: Not to look up, not to panic, and to stand straight up and very still while the scanner scans you.

The scanner scans your body, and all the clothing on your body. Then you are advised one more time to not panic. Then your body is destroyed by the beam. Only your energy is left.

Beneath the teleportation sites, and the ground itself, are nano-sized wires, which which your energy travels through, from the place you were at to your destination site you selected. It takes a very small amount of time for your energy to reach the destination site: One second for five miles.

Once your energy reaches the destination site, it goes to one of the chambers available, and your body is rebuilt into the chamber. Once the process is complete, the holographical barrier disappears and you would walk out, and do whatever you needed to do.

Extra infomation:

1. Your body, after scanned, gets put onto a system. That system is there should anything go wrong while in the process of teleportation, you can still be retrieved at the nearest emergency chamber. The emergency chamber is only for those who have been lost from a failed teleportation process, and are being retrieved throught the system.

2. In my prediction of teleportation, this technically makes teleportation impossible. Teleportation is to move from one place to another, instantly, and without crossing the area between those places. In my prediction, your energy travels to the destination. And you cannot destroy energy, you can only convert it. Technically, you have travelled to the destination, even though you aren't there. Your energy has, so, in a way, you have.
© Copyright 2021 Alan T. Fitch (alantfitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245168-My-Prediction-Of-Teleportation