*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245460-escape-plan
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2245460
Zea escapes from marriage
It is true that everyone, indeed, possesses a heart to be kind. However, it blossoms when one owns a conscience to question oneself. To know why, we need to know Zea Allen and her story.
Before we begin our story let me ask you a simple question. How do you feel when you are forced to live in a store room in the castle, although you own the entire castle?— incredibly stupid, right?
But that was what had happened to Zea. Indeed, her room was anything but comfortable to live (After all, it was a dungeon. Certainly, that was how it looks): faded moth-eaten curtains which make no effort to resist the sunlight through the broken lancet window of her room; grain-filled burlap sacks which had neatly arranged in the wooden shelves under the stone staircase( which was the only entrance for Zea’s room); every stone wall in her room was a desperate need for limewash. Even though it was not homely to live, thanks to Zea ( Because she’s our real Cinderella), she had adjusted herself to live there. Howbeit there’s a limit to everything, even to cross the limits. So let’s begin the story to know what her hard limits had been and who had pushed her to the extent to which her conscience didn’t concern.
Zea stared at her disguised reflection in an old emerald green tattered wall mirror. It seemed to her a strange girl was mimicking her in the mirror. The spark had been found nowhere in her dark brown almond eyes. She looked paler than ever. Indeed, her untypical outfit was anything but her characteristic resemblance: An ankle-length straw color trench coat, into which two people would certainly fit, which cloaked her shin length peach color frock and a weird bob cut wig which curtained half of her thin face. Beside the mirror, on the old pie crust table- which was on the verge of shattering- a paper which was desperately trying to fly away from the paperweight’s captivity caught her attention. She stared at the paper amid the white round carton box and a paperweight. ‘A small piece of paper is doing its best to fight for its freedom, can’t I ?’ Zea questioned herself. Her excuse to abandon the thought of freedom was an inevitable fear of her step-mother,Helena. Her words echoed in Zea’s ears:
“It is decided that your wedding is to be held tomorrow and I expect no fuss. I found an old dress in this carton box, probably your mother’s and I am glad that there is no need to waste a single penny of mine for you. Remember, there is no way for you to escape and I won’t even let you step out of your room”.
Zea immediately dropped the thought of her step-mother and stared at the carton box which Helena gave to her as a Helena-type-wedding-gift. In an attempt to cheer herself she recalled what she had found,to her surprise, in the carton box: A massive straw color trench coat instead of her mother’s old dress and a letter from her sister, Luna.
Zea
I know it is ridiculous to write a letter when we are living in the same castle, but this was the only way I could find to speak with you. Mamma is being crueler than ever: wedding without your consent; imprisoning and starving you as a reward to your refusal; I knew she was harsh on you, but I never imagined this. I bet this was the reason why Mamma ridiculously resisted me from coming home. In fact, I heard when the caretaker was talking to Mamma on the phone that she insisted on my stay in boarding school for a few more days. Anyway now I am here and I am not going to let her hurt you anymore. Don’t wonder about how I managed to replace the carton box. I will tell you tomorrow. Now, Help yourself to find a trench coat(forgive me for the size) and there is a wig ,passport,your flight tickets, too. I can assure you that tomorrow I will create as much chaos as I can, in the meantime, however, You must disguise yourself- coat and wig will help you.Use anything you find helpful in your room to disguise you. My friend’s brother, Alban, will escort you to the airport. Don’t worry about money because I sneaked into Mamma’s room(mind you, it doesn't count as housebreaking, after all it’s your money).

PS: There is something I need to tell you. There is a letter from a university about accepting you. You can guess where I found :mamma’s almirah.
Luna.



“Luna,” Zea called her foolishly as though she would turn up just by calling her name.
A loud, echoing thud filled the room. Within no time a voice screamed, “Yes!”
Zea jumped and raised her head towards the stairway.
“Oh, this stupid lock ate up half of my time,” Luna complained like a five-year-old child while entering the quarter landing of staircase by pulling a small pin from key hole.
“Luna!” Zea climbed the stairs while Luna descended the stairs and hugged her tightly.
Luna broke apart from the hug and started examining her by holding her at arm’s length, “Wait! Let me look at you”
Zea warned Luna before she could open her mouth, “Don’t tell me! that I look paler than ever ”
“Certainly not!” said Luna as though fatally affronted, “I must say that you look horrible” she rolled her eyes at Zea.
Zea knew what was the next thing Luna would do; Luna had never minded cursing her mother, Helena. However, Zea never felt comfortable when Luna criticized Helena.
“I did my part well, in the meantime, however, what about the chaos?” Zea mimicked her in an attempt to distract her.
Luna gave a malicious smile and rubbed her hands together. Zea was sure that something was wrong.
“Oh! I must tell you this,” said Luna with an air of excitement as though she won a gold medal, “I put Mamma’s sleeping pill in Aunt Molestia’s drink”
“Luna! You should not do that” Zea scowled at her, though a funny excitement filled her.
“Come off it. She annoyed you persistently, didn’t she?” Luna roared at her.
Zea had no answer to this question because Helena’s sister, Aunt Molestia, had never spared a minute to annoy her. Besides, she was crueler than Helena.
“She’s fast asleep and Mamma is thinking she is about to kick the bucket” Luna giggled.
“That’s not funny, Luna,” Zea admonished Luna with a bit of concern.
“Stop scowling at me. Serves her right!” said Luna indignantly, “now, you can’t waste her involuntary sacrifice. Everyone is occupied with Aunt Molestia’s sudden illness. Before anyone notices, you must escape. Come with me,” she seized Zea’s hand and yanked her out of the room through stairway.

Zea was sure that the First-floor was packed with chattering guests. Helena’s wailing was loud. Though it was fun to hear Helena’s wailing, it wasn’t pleasant to the ear. Both of the sisters are on the ground-floor corridor. It was hard for Zea to walk, her trench coat sweeping all over the floor. She clutched the side seams of her coat with two hands and ran fast while Luna was taking two steps at a time.
Zea had only a few more steps to the back door of the castle when Luna grabbed the handle of the back-door.
“Luna, dear,” a voice came from the right side of Luna.
Luna flinched and turned her head to the right while Zea swiftly moved behind the buttress of the wall.
“Aunt Surdia,” mumbled Luna.
Zea was sure Luna was cursing Aunt Surdia under her breath.
“Luna, dear, have you seen Molestia?” asked Aunt Surdia.
“Er— she was bit sick,” Luna mumbled
“Oh! Poor Molestia, what happened to her?” moaned Aunt Surdia.
“It would be great, if I put a pill in your drink, too,” Luna regretted under her breath.
“Pardon, dear,” Aunt Surdia drove closer to catch her words.
“It would be great if you comfort mamma,” said Luna through gritted teeth
“Certainly. Certainly dear!” said Aunt Surdia.
“There,” she showed the way to the stairs on the left side which led to the First-floor.
Luna patiently watched her climbing the steps. When she turned out of sight on the stairs, Luna sighed Zea to come.

“Er—Luna, dear, ” Aunt Surdia's voice came from the up stairs.
“What?” Luna barked.
Luna was shaking with anger. Zea slinked towards the back door to sooth Luna’s anger.
“Can you ask that mucky Zea to bring some coffee,” said Aunt Surdia.

Luna seemed to blaze with white-hot lava of her anger. Zea hurried and seized her hand.

“IDIOT, THAT STUPID OLD HAG, I TOLD HER NOT TO CALL YOU YOU-KNOW-WHAT, I SWEAR, I AM GOING TO GIVE HER POISON INSTEAD OF COFFEE,” Luna burst into anger.
“Luna,” Zea grabbed her hand to stop her.
Luna somehow pacified her anger for Zea’s sake. She grabbed the handle and pulled the door. Both of them entered the garden which was at the back of the castle. Autumn traces were found everywhere. Though the untended trees had grown wild, the rampaging growth of their branches captured the eye. It felt pleasant, for Zea, after being trapped inside for so long.
She felt it was not safe to stay there for a long time. Indeed, it is better for Luna to return back to the castle.

"Luna, you must go, if you are here, she will know that it was you who put pills in the drink," she said with concern.
“Will you be able to manage?” Luna mirrored her sister’s concern.
“I can, by the way, what is his name, your friend’s brother?” Zea asked her.
“Alban,” said Luna while hugging her and who was on a verge of crying “let me know when you are ok”

Zea nodded. She walked towards the wicket gate. She could feel Luna’s eyes on her.





















© Copyright 2021 informal (writerinformal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245460-escape-plan