*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245751-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2245751
Prologue to the book I am currently working on.
Silas stormed the castle, his eyes glazed over with darkness and rage. He cut down every castle guard in his way as he made his way to the throne room. One guard landed a hit, but Silas quickly came back and sliced the soldier’s head clean off his shoulders. His speed drastically changed as he charged for a group of guards standing in his way to the entrance of the throne room. Silas did a quick spin attack, slashing all the guards that surrounded him. He opened the door to the throne room, standing over by the throne was King Van Hughes Solomon. He had his sword in hand, prepared to fight the demon within Silas. Silas wasn’t after King Solomon; he was looking for someone in particular.
Another group of castle guards blocked Silas. He cut them down one by one until he was once again slashed. As his wound began to heal, he looked up to the soldier. He could see himself as the soldier, scared, shaking in his boots. The darkness began to cloud his mind, and he cut the soldier down without another thought. King Solomon stood his ground as Silas slowly approached. But Silas froze to the sound of a familiar voice.
“Silas! You must stop this!” Silas cocked his head back and saw the princess standing there. A death-eaten grin grew upon his face. His eyes showed bloodlust.
“Evelyn! You must get out of here!” King Solomon cried out to her, but Evelyn refused to leave. She knew she was the only one who could stop Silas from becoming the monster he feared. Silas moved fast, no normal person would have time to react, but Evelyn expected this. She quickly summoned a barrier and blocked Silas’s attack. Evelyn shoved her hand forward with a wave of magic, knocking Silas back. As he shook off Evelyn’s attack, he continued to grin, thrusting himself back in her direction.
“Evelyn!” King Solomon screamed. Evelyn held her hand out and stopped Silas with her hand resting on his head. A bright light came from Evelyn’s hand. Silas fell back, holding his face crying out in agony. He looked up to Evelyn. She could see he was trying to come out of his demon state, but he couldn’t control the power. Evelyn hesitated as she reached her hand out and touched the top of Silas’s head again. Silas could see he was back to normal. He looked up to Evelyn again, remembering how much her beauty reminded him of his love for her. But that image was soon short-lived.
Silas raised his sword, with a blink of an eye, cut Evelyn down. She fell to the ground, blood pouring from the deep wound across her chest. King Solomon screamed in utter outrage and came at Silas in full force. Silas blocked his attack without even turning around. King Solomon fell back with Silas standing over him. But before he could deal the final blow, Evelyn threw herself against Silas’s back. Using the last of her energy, she dispelled the darkness from within his heart, suppressing the demon within him. Silas came to, but it was too late for Evelyn. She began to fall to the ground, but Silas turned around, catching her in his arms. Silas was devastated by what he had done. As he shed his tears, Evelyn reached up and touched his cheek. A smile grew upon her face as she looked upon the face she fell in love with. Her eyes began to close, and her hand fell to the ground. Silas held her lifeless body tighter and screamed out in excruciating agony.
King Solomon stood to his feet; anger arose within him. Silas was sent to live in exile in prison beneath the castle. Silas was surrounded and wrapped in chains. King Solomon stood before him, pain Sand anger in his eyes.
“You will stay here. You will rot here. Being immortal, you won’t die. But you relive the horror you have+ done here today.”
Hours had gone by, the door to Silas’s cell opened. He looked up, and already he felt like he had begun to wither. The guards helped him to his feet. Silas looked at all the guards in the room, confused.
“Where are we going?” Silas noticed the look of disgust on all the guards’ faces. One of them clenched his fist as he began talking to Silas.
“The King has ordered you to come to watch the burning of Evelyn’s body.” Silas gasped.
Silas stood there wrapped up in chains, shamed by all the people who lived within the castle and the town. Everyone threw rocks at him as he approached where Evelyn’s body lay. He watched as they lit the fire beneath Evelyn’s body. As Silas watched her body burn, he could only relive the final moments of her life. Her blood was dried upon his hands and face. He screamed out as her body began to char.
© Copyright 2021 J.L. Cannon (jlcannon18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245751-Prologue