*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246199-Melancholy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nagisa
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Psychology · #2246199
What if meeting that person changed your life for the worst?
Chapter 1


They say one person can change your life for the better, that this person is supposed to rise you up and work together...But what if that wasn’t always the case? What if meeting that person changed your life for the worst, your perspective and your thoughts and your very future? Well let me tell you a story...a very true story about a 14 year old girl whose life was changed forever when meeting this particular person.
This girl was no ordinary girl, she knew how the world was and was often called a “old soul” or “mature for her age” she wasn’t. She was just a girl, a child in fact but to the eye of an adult “looks old enough” A statement you never want to hear or be told, something that so vile that's make it sound like you were nothing but an object from birth. With sorrow comes a weight heavier than all of heaven and earth entwined. a weight that no light, no silver ribbon of midday sun could mend. hidden behind arms full of sloping blooms and bowing branches, who’s Raven black hair flows delicately like gossamer threads; a girl whose heart burns a countless multitude of embers. devote and elysian, crying tears of bliss into the ever revealing sunlight. the bittersweet tragedy of loneliness: to be nothing and everything at once. with tears that melt like wax and splinters that shatter like water into her skin. a vessel for blame for a tragic story. but how could the young girl know of nature’s nasty advance, alone and feral? Calling from below the memories of a life yet lived, or perhaps a life yet touched by time. a lantern floating beneath the surface of a placid onyx lake. forever twisting through the long lost corridors of time like a lost song from a lonely soul. A being melting and reforming with each moment, malleable to the threads of fate. This story is not a pleasant one, rather a story of hardship and what life fails to warn you about, a parents worst nightmare if she even has them.
Being in foster care is one of the worst experiences as a child from the test trail of parents to see if they want you to the inability to get the proper mental help and love as a child. For this girl this is all she knew, moving from one house to another never finding the one that cared enough to get to know her. For her only family was going to school, everyday she loved everything about school. Since she went to an art school, her time was nothing but great..but that only lasted for so long...for even that experience was quickly taken and soon...she had to face the cold truth of how life could really be….






Chapter 2


August was the worst time of the month to go to school, nothing is worse but having gym when it's 109 outside melting everything in its path. Violet was in her english class, probably the easiest class for her to be in for she loved to read her books of mystery and love with a hint of suspense. To make it even better she sat behind her best friend Riley Harris who loved books as much as violet did.
Sitting at her desk she picks up her book as the teacher is reading a section from a chapter. “I wish to be among the lilies, among the curls of sun as they embrace the water. to float as one with a purpose. a being of tragedy, but a being nonetheless,” she says, her voice full of inclination.
“for of all the purity i have shared not a single drop has been saved. drops that like gentle serene tears become forever lost the moment they fall. dropping short and fast like wingless spirits cut loose from the heavens. forever trapped in the wild hollow wondering amidst the labyrinth of flora. just a saint without an altar, a goddess without a shrine. cast away warmth… siren of the formless.”
“Huh” Violet said to herself writing the passage down in her sketchbook, she loved to save things in that book.
“Now what does this mean? Is this character happy with her life? What does it seem like she's missing” Mrs.Chestnut said tapping the book lightly on her arm. A another student raises their arm to answer
“She feels lonely because she's not connected to herself?”
“No..but you're close sean. She's lonely but why is she lonely?” Mrs.Chestnut responded looking around the class hoping someone was actually listening.
Violet raises her hand, responding
“She feels lonely because she hasn't experienced anything, that everyone views her as this perfect human but no one takes the time to actually know her. So she is forever trapped playing something damaging her soul.”
The teacher face was in awe
“Yes exactly that! So by knowing that how can we predict the next chapter?” the teacher said happily, walking to her desk and grabbing a pile of papers to pass out.
As she started to pass it out the bell had rang and the students were so eager to leave class but had to wait until they received this paper. Eventually making its way to violet she was able to grab the paper and her book to catch up with her best friend that was waiting for her by the doorway.
“Sup!” Violet said to Riley, gripping onto the book firmly she says
“I kinda like this book, it's super sad and shit.”
“You sure do like those 2am can't sleep books huh” Riley responded
“Yeah I do, it's oddly calming.” As the two girls walked down the hallway to their next class they continued to talk about the most random of things.
“I cant wait till lunch and the soon we can go to the library after school” Violet said
“I know, I need to return the books I got. Hopeful it's not over due just yet.” Riley said.
“David invited us to his birthday party this weekend are you gonna go? I got clearance from my foster mom lucky so I can go.” violet said happily
Riley took a second to think before replying
“Nah parties aren't my thing honestly, tell me all the fun stuff that happens tho! I'm sure there will be a lot of people going.”
“Yeah there is! There was about 50 people going and a lot from our school too, tho there are some that i don't know” violet said nervously
“That's a lot for one house, just be careful dude don't let anyone bully you” Riley said to violet laughing a bit.
“Ha! Bully me, that's funny. I’ll be okay.” Violet says in a giggling manner. The two friends continue to walk until their paths are separated to different classes. They say their goodbyes and continue to move on.
As Volet walks to her class she begins to doubt herself thinking that maybe going is a bad idea, that she would just cause problems if she went. She tells herself under her breath “oh come on… it’ll be fun.” Reaching her art class she puts her bag down and sits in her usual spot, right in the back, here no one will talk to her or bother her while drawing.
The class room was filled with different artworks from other students in her class mixed with the teachers own artwork as well. It smelled of old paint and trees throughout the classroom, the teacher always had soft nature music playing to settle everyone down.
“Finally” violet thought to herself, she could finally rest and not worry about her mind eating her apart while focusing on the one thing that kept her together. Her sketchbook.
© Copyright 2021 Nagisa (nagisa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246199-Melancholy