*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247137-Hello-from-Helen
Rated: E · Documentary · Biographical · #2247137
This is my first autobiography about why I started writing.
A little about myself. I have been writing privately for the past 12 years but I never felt that it was good enough for anyone to see it. Aside from the fact that I did not want anyone to find out that I was (at the time) questioning my sexuality much less my gender identity, I always felt alone in my ambitions. it was only as recently as 2013 that I decided to actually post something online that was anywhere close to what I had envisioned myself doing. This was always supposed to be temporary.

That is, until I started going to a psychiatrist. about 3 years ago, I went into the doctor to talk about pain in my chest. As it turned out, there was nothing medically wrong with me. So there I was, a fish out of water caught like a dear in the headlights when my GP referred me to a mental health specialist. I found out that the pain I felt in my chest was due to major stressors in my life. Specifically my job. The problem is, I'm caught between loving my job and having a... boss with good intentions with bad timing.

Remember when I mentioned that this was only temporary? Well, as it turns out when I told my psychiatrist that I liked to write and have posted some work online (under a different name) she told me it would be good to keep it up (not about posting it to the internet as it might lead to more stress.) Good for us that hasn't happened yet. I do occasionally slow down but that is due to writers block. Anyway, I write as a way to help me cope. Getting my thoughts out keeps me sane.

Hi all. This is my very brief autobiography on why I write. It isn't much but it helped get a lot off my chest. thanks for taking the time to get to know me.
© Copyright 2021 Hallens25 (hallens25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247137-Hello-from-Helen