*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247140-The-House
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2247140
Flash Fiction
The House

I had looked at so many houses lately my head was spinning. I had no idea what I wanted really. Every time the realtor told me the wonderful things about the house we were touring, they sounded perfect! But... then I’d think of the wonderfulness of the last house that I’d be giving up, and the house before that... don’t these realtors realize how confusing this wonderfulness gets?

As we walked around the outside of this one, it was nice. Not better, not worse. Nice location, quiet street, the neighborhood looked well kept, but not fanatically kept like those neighborhoods where they compete with each other. This house was in pretty good shape. Not perfect, it would need painting in a few years, maybe a new roof. That would help the price go lower, and I could change the colors then.

Inside things were nice too, good flow. Though it didn’t have some of the things I liked in a couple other houses. Plus, the kitchen was smaller, not a concern to me, and maybe it would also lower the price... It was a really cute kitchen with a great view.

As I was touring the kitchen, my realtor’s phone rang, she excused herself and went outside to take the call. I continued opening cabinets to occupy my time.

One cabinet had a funny spot at the back of a shelf, I automatically reached in to see what it was. I pushed it, and the back popped open! Inside, there were stacks of money!!!

Hearing the realtor coming back, I shut it quickly. Stepping to the window as she came in I gushed, “This is it! I love this house! I want to buy it, immediately!”

It made her day! And three days later, it made my retirement!
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247140-The-House