*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247627-Bowser-Jrs-Depression-Chapter-3
by Turtle
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #2247627
Junior is depressed and is going through a lot of pain. Hopefully, his family can help him
Warning: Chapter contains swearing. No suicide this chapter, so it is safe to read if suicide triggers you, although you will be lost and not know what's going on.


(Author's Note: I (sadly) do not own the Mario Franchise. That belongs to Nintendo.)



(I will not be doing anyone's OC's this chapter. I've decided after this chapter, I will be doing OC's to try and make this story great for all of us.)


(This chapter will mostly be in Ludwig's POV, and part of Jr's POV)



Ages:

Bowser: 54

Ludwig: 22

Roy (older than Morton by a month): 20

Morton (younger than Roy by a month): 20

Iggy: 17

Wendy: 16

Lemmy: 14

Larry: 12

Bowser Jr: 5



Chapter 3: Moving On


After Larry's death, Ludwig had told everyone else. But while he was telling everyone about what happened, he couldn't stop staring at Jr, who wasn't crying, nor was he playing with his toys. He wasn't even touching them. But telling them about Larry's death wasn't the only thing he wanted to tell them.


*Ludwig's POV*


"Alright, everyone. Now, we all know about what happened today, right?" I saw everyone nod to that. "Well...." "Wait. Where's Larry?" Wendy asked. Hearing Larry's name made Lemmy tear up a little. "Well... that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Larry.... won't be joining us for this meeting. Or any other meeting for that matter."
"Why? Is he in trouble or something?" Iggy asked concerned. "No. Larry's not in trouble. He won't ever be in trouble again." The others were obviously looking confused, except for Jr. "Roy..." "Larry's dead." That got everyone's attention. "What!?" Wendy and Iggy exclaimed.
"He's dead." I said. "He hung himself in his room this afternoon." "But why?! Why would he do something like that?!" Wendy yelled. I could see her tearing up as she was speaking her words. "I think we all know why he would do this." They all looked confused again until Jr spoke up.
"It's because Dad's dead." He said. But it didn't sound like him. I understood that he was upset and would be sad, but....this was something else entirely. I could hear it in his voice. It was almost as if he was.....
'No, I refuse to think of something like that about someone so innocent.' I said in my head. "Right. It's...because of that."
"But...but I don't understand." Wendy said. "Larry, like the rest of us, was upset because of Father's passing. But, I guess it hurt him too much." I looked in a corner and saw Lemmy sitting with tears in his eyes. "Lem, please come over here. Me and Ludwig wanna say something." Roy said. And Lemmy did come join the others, although he was trying to act tough and not show tears, failing only a little.
"Alright, Koopalings. Now, ever since this whole thing happened, me, Roy, and Morton talked about what to do. And we all agreed that the best thing to do is to get over this entire day. And according to our conversation just now, it's clear we won't be able to get over this alone."
"But how are we going to get through this? It was hard enough that Dad's gone, but now that Larry's gone too..... it's just too much." Iggy said. "I know, Iggy. But we have to try. If we continue to mope around like this, then how are we going to live? We need to get through this." "So what you're saying his that we should forget about Dad and Larry?" Jr said. I was actually surprised by his words because he never called Father 'Dad' before.
"That's not what I'm saying, Jr." "Well, it sure sounds like it." "Jr, we're not going to forget Father nor Larry. They will always be alive in out hearts." I reassured him. "And that's supposed to make us feel better? Knowing that they're still alive 'in out hearts'?" Jr snapped back, mocking me at the end. "Jr, I don't want to do this with you. Not after what just happened and what we just talked about." "NO!" Jr said, surprising all of us. "Jr...." "IT'S BOWSER JR TO YOU, DUMBASS!" Jr snapped. He started walking away, leaving us all in shock.
He's never the one to use language like that. I guess he must be really upset. "BOWSER JR, GET BACK HERE RIGHT THIS SECOND! WE ARE NOT DONE TALKING HERE!" I yelled. "WELL I'M DONE TALKING TO YOU, LUDWIG!" And after that, the door slammed. While everyone else was shocked, I was furious. I started to make my way to the door when I felt a hand pull on my shoulder.
"No, Ludwig. Yelling at him isn't going to make anything better. It's already bad enough as it is." "Morton, he has no right to talk to me or any of us like that!" "You think I don't know that? I get the situation, Ludwig. But do you really think that yelling at him more is going to make anything better, let alone set a good example for the others?"
He gestured towards the others, who were still in shock. I knew he was right. If I just left and yelled at Jr more, the others would be even more scared and sad. "Alright." I cleared my throat and continued talking. "Alright, Koopalings. Like I was before, we have to get through this. And it's obvious that we can't do this alone, which is why we will all have a partner with us at all times to make sure that no one does something like this again."
"Well, when you put it like that, I guess it's the smartest option we have right now." Wendy said. "So, how is the partner thing going to work?" "Well, dear sister. It'll go like this: Wendy will be paired with Roy, Lemmy will be paired with Morton, and Iggy will be paired with me." "What about Jr?" "Me, Roy, and Morton decided that all of us will watch over Jr together. And the reason why, Iggy, is because I have a feeling that Jr might be going through something a little....more that grief."
Everyone was confused by that statement. It was clear that they had no idea what I was talking about. "What are you talking about?" "I think that Jr might be.... depressed." That last word hit everyone hard. It took a moment for that to sink in. "What do you mean?" Lemmy asked. "What makes you think that Jr is depressed?" "Well, Lemmy, if you really think about it, how else would Jr act just earlier? Other than a temper tantrum, he never acts like that. And I know for a fact that Jr feel awful after today."
"So, what are we going to do about this ?" "We all have to pitch in to help Jr feel better again. I'll call someone to help us, but I won't tell you who it will be. That way, you might actually let them help. Might being the key word." "Alright, that makes sense." Well then. Now that everyone knows the plan, we should all get some sleep. We've had enough of today already, and we don't need anymore surprises."
After we all said our good night's, everyone made their way to their rooms with their partners. I was the last one to stay behind. Iggy suggested that he stayed with me, but I told him I had to do something first. He agreed to meet me in his room after I came back. I started to make my way upstairs. I needed to apologise to Jr for what I said earlier. I walked along the hall to get to Jr's room, looking at family portraits as I walked along. This made me tear up a little, reminding me that this family would never be the same as it once was.
After I arrived at Jr's door, I knocked. "Jr? May I come in?" Nothing. I found this odd, as he would let anyone come in his room. I knocked once more. "Jr? Is it alright if I come in?" Nothing but silence. I figured me must've been asleep ever since he came to his room, but I wanted to be sure. I opened the door and let myself in, because he isn't the one to leave his door locked. I looked around his room, only to find it completely empty. His toys were nowhere to be seen, his posters were torn to shreds if they weren't completely gone, and his pictures were all over the floor, with glass everywhere.
I glanced over towards Jr's bed, and the first thing I noticed was Jr sleeping. Without his teddy bear. This broke my heart because Jr always slept with his Teddy. I figured me must've grown out of that phase, but after looking at his room, I found that unlikely. I didn't want to wake him up, so I left. But before I did, I heard a slight sniffle. It was then I knew he wasn't asleep.
"Jr, I know you're not sleeping. Can I please talk to you?" Again, nothing but silence. "Jr, come on." He still wouldn't talk to me. "Ok. It's alright Jr. You don't have to say anything. But please just hear me out." Nothing. I knew he didn't want me in here because if what happened, but I had to get this off my chest. "Jr, I want to apologize for earlier. I didn't mean to tell at you like that. I was just upset about the whole thing. I just want you to know that I'm sorry, and that I love you, ok?"
All I got was silence. I decided to let him be, because I didn't want to make things worse. I made my way out the door, took on final glance at Jr, and said good night, them left the room. I made my way back to Iggy's room, hoping that Jr would be ok after today.


*Jr's POV*

After hearing what Ludwig said, I tried not to cry. I didn't want to let him know that I was sad. After I heard the door close, I quietly sobbed. I was shaking and I was cold. I could feel my face red with anger, but I didn't care. All I could do was cry to myself. After a few minutes, I grew tired. As my eyes started to close, I could only imagine what tomorrow would be like, now that I know that this family will forever be broken.




And done. This one was a little longer than I expected it to be. Now that their horrible day is over, things will get more and more tough for them from now on. Now, as I promised, the next chapter will contain an OC from me to give you an idea for what this story will look like with OC's. And now that this chapter is done, I will continue with this story. I'm not sure if every chapter will contain OC's, but I will work on that. And if you have any suggestions for this story, you are more that welcome to let me know (because I really want to make this into a series on YouTube). Thank you for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Turtle Out
🐢🐢🐢
© Copyright 2021 Turtle (turtleghoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247627-Bowser-Jrs-Depression-Chapter-3