*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247635-Doing-it-Right
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2247635
Flash Fictioin
Doing it Right

“It’s too late,” said Fred.

“It’s not two late,” said Harry.

“Yes, it’s too late.”

“No, it’s only one late.”

“What? One what?”

“One minute. Isn’t that what you meant?”

“No, I meant you were supposed to be done at twelve, it’s one past twelve, well, it was when I said it.”

“Oh, I get it. Like it’s too late, not the number two. But it’s two late now. Of course, now it’s three late!”

“The point is, it was supposed to be done by twelve and it’s not done.”

“So, what does that mean to you? That we stop?”

“No! It means you didn’t get it done when you were supposed to.”

“Well, that’s all a point of view. You were the one who said we could probably have the whole thing done by noon, not us. And that if we did get it done by noon, we’d get a bonus! But we we’re pretty sure we couldn’t get the whole thing done by noon, and I believe I mentioned that to you. And frankly none of us considered tickets to the local barn dance as exciting of a bonus as you thought we should have, so we really weren’t as motivated to hurry as you probably hoped we would be.”

“But...”

“But, on the good side, you will get a much better job because instead of trying to finish early to get a prize, we are going to do the job right, and it’s going to look wonderful and last you for many, many years.”

“Ah...”

“You’re welcome. Now go back in your house Mr. Grant, and we will let you know when we are really done.”

Back in the house:

“Fred, how is that landscaping coming?”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got it completely under control,” Fred said, quietly.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247635-Doing-it-Right