*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247733-Goodnight
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2247733
Flash Fiction
Goodnight

“Why does the Easter Bunny bring eggs?” Tim asked.

“Huh?” said Dad.

“Eggs. Why eggs? Rabbits don’t lay eggs, do they? A rabbit has babies right out of their body, not in eggs, right?”

“How do you know all this stuff?”

“Science Journal, I told you, you should watch it with me. You’d learn stuff too. So, why does the Easter Bunny bring eggs?”

“First of all, they’re not eggs that hatch, they’re chocolate eggs. And second, the Easter Bunny’s not exactly your average rabbit is he. Doesn’t he stand on two legs and wear a coat and carry a basket full of eggs? How many other rabbits have you ever seen that are like that? The Easter Bunny is magic. He kind of has to be magic!”

“Oh! I get it! Like Santa Claus!”

“Exactly!”

“But you always say you don’t believe in magic...”

“I don’t believe in magic tricks. There’s a difference.”

“What’s the difference?”

“Magic tricks are things people do to fool you. Magic is things that happen that make people happy. Magic is amazing. Everyone should believe in real magic, being alive is magic!”

“You are kind of a dork aren’t you Dad.”

“Who said that?”

“Mom says it all the time.”

“I guess Mom’s right. You know, maybe you should go to sleep pretty soon, in case the Easter Bunny is on his way here.”

“Oh! You’re right! Goodnight Dad!”

“Goodnight Tim.”

“Dad?”

“Yes?”

“You may be a dork, but you’re a pretty good Dad.”

“Thanks. You’re doing a pretty good at son too. Goodnight Tim.”

“Goodnight Dad!”
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247733-Goodnight