*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247854-Where-the-roads-are-pink-Part-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2247854
The diary of a man who wakes up in a cryogenic tube, and decided to go home days 1-3

????????, 20~~

Dear Diary,


With this first entry, I begin my journey home, back to where the roads are pink. First, I need to get out of this prison. Once I do that, I'll set up camp in the forest that was nearby. I hope it's still doing alright. Wish me luck. I will write in here in the morning.


October 24, 2217(?)

Dear Diary,


  1. That was way easier than I thought,

  2. How in the world they manage to keep me alive for so long! It's well over a hundred years; it it feels like just yesterday they took me in, and

  3. WHERE THE F**K IS EVERYBODY!


To get out, I thought I would need to do some major espionage. Turns out, the place has been

abandoned for, what looks like, decades. None of the old security measures were working, and the whole place has been overgrown with shrubbery. I even found some skeletons in the other cells (that threw me for a loop, let me tell ya). One I got to the front desk, I saw a futuristic looking calendar that said the date was October 23, 2217, although I could tell that the thing had seen better days. I'm not sure I can trust it, so, from here on out, I'll journal based on days sense I left my cell. That will make the next entry day 3 (I'm counting yesterday as day 1).

On the note of uncertainty, it would seem I'm very alone right now. I couldn't find any people (no surprise there, this place is quite remote), nor could I find any animals. I ended up eating a bunch of plants for dinner. On my way home, I'll need to investigate this lack of animals.

On a positive note, the forest is still here. I even found a cave to sleep in for the night. Making a fire was a breeze (my brother made sure that I remembered that in scouts, may he Rest In Peace), so I managed to stay warm. Dinner consisted of a lot of berries though, so I should check the complex for supplies before I move on.

Once I restock, I start heading up the road. There was a town about 30 mile away from here, if I'm quick, I should make it before night, then I can huddle up there for the night. I might stay there for awhile if I'm particularly tired.


Day 3

Dear Diary,


Once I got into town, I was hoping to ask someone for directions, or at least a map. That plan failed , as I realized that the town was completely empty. That did make getting supplies much easier, though. The town was less run down than the complex, but it did seem to have been deserted for at least a couple years. The only food that I could use was the canned food. Luckily I found a knife and a large bag at the complex (plus a hat and a horribly out of date first aid kit), so I can carry and open the cans.

On the way to town, which I learned changed their name to "Adamsville", I found some animals, so that mystery is over, although they suddenly disappeared again shortly before night. I can't help but think that this weird behavior is connected to all the people disappearing. That will be my new mission; along with getting home, I'll figure out were the people went, if there are still any.

I'll find a house for me to sleep in for the night, and maybe get supplies from there. I think I'll stay here for another day, and leave on day 5. Hopefully I can find a map by then. I'll write again tomorrow


© Copyright 2021 Joesmoe (kberg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2247854-Where-the-roads-are-pink-Part-1