*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2248866-Secrets
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2248866
Flash Fiction
Secrets

“Don’t forget, this is a surprise. Don’t tell them anything.”

“Oh, ye of little faith,” said Ted, “I can keep a secret as well as anyone.”

“I’ve noticed,” said Janet, drily. “Like the time, we were going to surprise them with the tickets to the football game? Or the time we set up the surprise party at the party at Bingo’s, or...”

“Fine! Honestly, I don’t even know how they found out, I could swear it wasn’t me, except that I know it wasn’t you.”

"So, we tell them we’re going to Grammie and Grampie’s and then we meet the folks outside the amusement park. You’re going to tell them Oak street is closed off today so they won’t get suspicious when we go in the wrong direction. Right?”

“Perfect!”

Up in their room, the twins were laying on the floor, ears to the heating grate, that also opened to the kitchen, hands over their mouths to keep from squealing in excitement.

Their parents never knew how they found out things, and poor Dad took the blame, mostly because he knew he knew wasn’t that good at keeping secrets. Although, oddly enough, he got so much better at it the next year, when they moved.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2248866-Secrets