*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249621-The-Light
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2249621
Flash Fiction
The Light

Trudy sat in her bed. She had been noticing a light in her room for a while and was determined to pinpoint it.

At first, she assumed it was a reflection. But try as she may, she couldn’t find anything that could be reflecting. And then there was the fact that when it appeared, it was always in a different place. If it were a reflection it should be showing up in the same place every time.

For some reason, she wasn’t worried about it. She even worried about not worrying. But then, just couldn’t seem to worry about a little light. Matter of fact, she’d begun to feel attached to it, wanting to know what it really was.

As she caught sight of it, she looked right at it and said “Stop ignoring me. If you want to be friends, let’s be friends. If not you should just go away!”

The light froze. It stopped twinkling. Suddenly worrying that she scared it she said, “I’d like to be friends” very softly.

The light shimmered a bit, and then grew a bit bigger and shimmered again, and suddenly there before her was a small winged person, a hunter it seemed. “Friends?”

Trudy fell completely in love. “Yes,” she said, “Where did you come from?”

“I can show you!”

“Ok,” Trudy said.

Trudy was never seen again. Apparently, she got to join an elaborate six-day celebration on Zorton. She had a blast! At the end, she became the main dish in an extravagant holiday meal. The little light, whose name was Blaz, really was a hunter, he didn’t know what the word ‘friend’ meant.

Trudy didn’t really mind though. She’d only had a couple months left anyway, and was not the least enthusiastic about spending them in that stupid hospital bed.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249621-The-Light