*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249679-Superhuman-cop-A-fairy-odd-mission
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by flash
Rated: 13+ · Other · Entertainment · #2249679
My next case involving one of the most beautiful mythological creatures ever.
I've been in this new world for a while now and still enjoying it. Seeing a lot of things impossible to my old home world has been great. Making friends with mythological creatures is a dream that a lot of people wish would come true. It also makes me wonder: What else could happen that can only be seen in movies and such? Mostly the first thing that comes to me is magic. And no, I don't mean like simple card tricks or making things "disappear" just by covering an object with a cloth. I'm talking about casting spells. Like in Final Fantasy. I've actually dreamt about doing stuff like that for a while. Mostly for the sake of nostalgia. Playing the aforementioned video game or watching Lance Burton on TV. You know, before he retired. David Copperfield is ok, just takes some getting used to.

By now, you're probably thinking: "Don't you have ice powers?" or "Don't you have Haste already cast upon you?" Sure, I guess I would call it magic. It's just, I wish I could do more. Not that I would like to be a witch or warlock, don't get me wrong. I like the powers I have now. I'm just wondering if there's someone out in the colossal world that knows a thing or two about spells and maybe, just maybe, they could give me some pointers. Maybe it could happen today. Who knows? Anyway...


It was a partly cloudy day at the force and I was on break. Again I was thinking back to all those magical moments from when I was younger. Then, a loud thump sounded off and snapped me out of my trip down memory lane. I saw that it was my boss, Manny. He told me that my break was over and to follow him to his office. I was hesitant, wondering what he had in store for me. He then spoke again with a sigh, "No, you're not in trouble. Just come on." I was instantly relieved and made haste following him.

We we're both in his office and The centaur began our private meeting. He spoke up, "Ok m'boy. You've been with us for a while and have worked hard. Increasing our number of arrests made. Now it's time to make another." Looks like a new case for us. Manny then pulled out a picture of...something. He then explained, "This is where you're heading. Apparently, it's some sort of hollow where the smaller creatures live. I have no clue exactly what lives here. Here's the thing though: There have been reports of crime going on and the residents are pinning the blame on us because we're "bigger than them"! I took in everything he said and nodded in understanding. He continued, "So this is where you come in. Giving your size, you should be able to go to this place without causing a ruckus. I want you to find the real perp, and clear everyone's name. Anyone who doesn't trust us will give us a bad name."

He has a point. So I took the case. "Ok. I'm in!" I said. "I knew you would." Manny answered back. I then asked, "So where are my partners at?" What Manny answered was something I wasn't expecting, "Actually, you're going all by yourself!" "WHAT?" I said in surprise. Manny spoke again, "That's right! Congratulations! You've got your first solo mission! As for your partners, they're already taking a case in the rocky region. But not to worry, I got someone willing to give you a ride!" he finished while grabbing my hand with his fingers and shaking me like he was trying to give me handshake.

"Oh boy." I muttered to myself in a daze.



As promised by Manny, I did get a ride to my itinerary...but failed to mention what kind. My ride was courtesy of an anthropomorphic werewolf. Her name was (Appropriately) Clawdia. She was running fast, swinging from tree to tree with her (you guessed it) claws while I held on to her fur. It was like a rollercoaster: Fast, unpredictable, and having to hold on tight, seatbelt or not.

Finally, she stopped by the hollow, so is to not scare whatever lives in there. "We're here!" She announced while I was, once again, in a daze from the wild ride. Once I shook it off, I hopped right off and told her, "Thanks". She nodded and before I made my journey into the unknown, she told me something that made me raise eyebrows. She said, "Be nice to the creatures who live there. Also, try not to bring attention to yourself...handsome!" She finished before giving me a quick wink and then running off into the woods, howling in the distance. Man! All the flirting I've been getting lately. Anyway, I looked back at the hollow and made my journey.


After sprinting for a long 60 seconds, I've made it to the center where I spotted lights. I ducked down behind some plants which were surprisingly taller than me. I took one peek out...and I couldn't believe what I was seeing: the residents themselves.


Fairies! Creatures with wings, pointy ears and...interesting attire. There were some male fairies but I can still tell that the female population was higher. They were very pretty. Everyone was flying, laughing, eating, working like no ones business. I wasn't sure what to do first. Just act casual? My train of thought was interrupted when a strong wind was stirring, slowly lifting me up! I looked up and noticed a fairy sniffing the plants I was hiding in. It was like a twister lifting me up. I was shouting like crazy for her to stop. To my surprise, she heard me and caught me with her hands. She got a closer look at me, inspecting me from everywhere. I just sat and wondered what would happen next. She spoke in sort of a high pitched voice, "Wow! You're a strange but cute little bug!" "Bug?" I thought to myself. I spoke back to her, "Umm Hi. I'm actually a human who just happens to look kinda like you." She answered in astonishment, "Ohh! That's interesting. A little confusing but still! Hehe!" I then asked her, "Are you a fairy?" Then she answered back, "Why yes I am! I'm guessing the wings and good looks gave it away!" as she flapped her wings and waved her hair. "Yeah, pretty much." I answered. She giggled and spoke again, "Well, while I am a fairy, don't be fooled by everyone else around here. Others are either pixies, nymphs or just elves who happen to have wings!" "Oookay?" I said while raising an eyebrow. After that odd phrase, I could tell this fairy was a bit on the air headed side, but at least she was nice. I then told her this was my first time here and she was more than welcomed to give me a tour and I accepted. She then gently placed me on her shoulder and I held on as she started flying around.


The hollow was full of nice sights, A cafe, a library, a clothing store. There was also what appeared to be a fitness center. Some fairies were twirling like ballerinas, some were doing basic exercises such as sit ups and leg lifts. Others were doing what's called "wing workouts". I guessed it was to make their wings stronger and their flying faster.

After a while of touring, I was startled by the fairy shouting, "OH MY GOSH!!" I asked her, "What's wrong?" and what she said next made me face palm myself. "I forgot to mention my name and ask yours!" Wow! That few seconds of worrying all because of that? I shook that off and told her my name. She said her name was Ivy. Appropriate, considering she's also a "plant fairy" or florist. Then, out of nowhere, we were surrounded by the other residents of the hollow. They got a good look at me and we were hit with a bunch of phrases such as, "Aww, how cute!" or "Where'd you get him?" or "Can we keep him? Can we? Can we?"

I was flustered. Getting this much unwanted attention was not part of my mission. Another fairy asked if I was lost and it actually gave me an idea. I told them yes and if I could speak to someone about my "predicament". One fairy said, " You can talk with our queen." Jackpot! I asked where she lives and Ivy said she could bring me to her place. I accepted and we made our way. It was a little far but we reached what could possibly be the biggest tree in the hollow. Probably the entire world! Ivy gently placed me to the ground and said, "You'll have to go in yourself. I have to get back to tending my plants." I nodded and she flew off, wishing me good luck and I waved at her and said, "Thanks."

I looked back at the home of the fairy queen and thought about how to enter. My first thought was to sneak in and see if anything suspicious was brewing inside. If I did that, then I could surprise the crook, defeat them and lock em up. Mission accomplished! I saw a small hole up above. Probably a window? I used my speed and ran right up the wall and in the hole and just like that, I was in.

I started sneaking around, trying not to make any noise while looking around. In my size, it feels like I'm in a castle than a tree. So far, I've seen a living room, dining room, bathroom and even a balcony, which was odd cuz I don't remember seeing one outside. After searching, I was still unable to find this queen nor any signs if she's even home. I was about to call it quits when I noticed another room I had yet to find. Not only that but I heard wings flapping. Another sound was a deep sigh. It sounded like a woman's voice. That has to be her! I walked around the corner quietly, trying not to trip and fall in front of the opening to her throne room. I peeked my head out from behind...and I saw her.

She was absolutely beautiful! Her appearance was stunning but it also reminded me of something from when I was younger.

The best way I could describe her was...well. Imagine her as one of those great fairies from the "Zelda" series. Mostly, "Ocarina of time". Tall, slender, has long hair, wears stockings on her long legs. She was also wearing a black skirt that covered almost her entire body...saved for ample bosoms as well as matching hair and lipstick. She looked kinda bored. She was fluttering her wings and just floating there, but at the same time looked like she was lounging in midair. She was also blowing bubbles. I guess to distract her from something. I didn't know what to do at this point. Should I keep spying on her to see if she does anything illegal? She looks so innocent and laid back. Just then I heard a voice.

"You just going to keep snooping around like a creep or do you want to show yourself?"

I frozed. Was she really talking to me? Did she find me out somehow? I waited. And then heard her again. "I know you're out there." I guess the jig was up. I slowly entered her throne room and saw her again, this time looking right at me. Like she was expecting me to stand where I was. She spoke again, "C'mon. Don't be shy. I know I'm a looker." while motioning me to come closer. So I did. When I was close enough, I spoke, "Umm, Hi. Are you the queen?" She answered, "I am." still in that laid back attitude. She introduced herself and said her name was "BlackBerry" while blowing another bubble, floating towards me and then popping in front of my face. I shook it off and told her my name. She then put her bubble soap down and floated towards me laying right on her belly, her face in front of me, getting a good look. She spoke again, "So, what brings you here, you little cutie?" while laying her cheek on her hand. I was nervous at the fact that she was closer to me, but at the same time, she seemed welcoming.

I told her the truth, that I was told there was something suspicious going on here and that I'm here to help. She smirked and said, "Ohh? So you're saying that you want to be my knight, hmm?" I became flustered again as she continued, "Then eventually win this dame's heart and then we'll be together forever?" I blushed at her response. "Uhhh." was all I could let out. She giggled at my reaction and then scooped me up gently with her free hand before flying up off the ground and back on her "Throne". She spoke again, " Well, we'll see if you have what it takes." I asked her, "So you DO have an issue going on?" BlackBerry sighed, "Yeah. It's been going on for a while and I'm at a loss on what to do. I'm sure you've seen my people out there, yes?" I nodded. She continued, "Well, not everyone is as sweet and innocent as they look. There's been a rumor going on that someone is causing all kinds of trouble. Vandalism, littering, playing cruel jokes. That kind of stuff. And all fingers point to someone outside the kingdom. More than likely the "giants". Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe, so until the mystery is solved, I've ordered everyone not to leave the kingdom." I listened to her predicament and asked what I can do to help. She said it was dangerous, but if I was up to it, I could do a stakeout to see who's been causing trouble. I was reluctant, but if it meant saving a whole kingdom as well as accomplishing my mission, so be it. "Ok I'm in!" I told her. She smiled and thanked me. Then out of nowhere, she hugged the hottest way she did: She brought me to her chest and squeezed me right where her bosoms were for a good 10 seconds! She pulled me out afterwards and my face was hot and in a daze. At that point, I had only one thing to say in my mind:

"MOMMA MIA!"


The queen took me to where the crimes are being committed...which was literally right outside the hollow. She said for me to be on the lookout while at the same time, hide out of plain side. Like she needed to tell me that. I know what a stakeout is. Not bragging, really. Anyway, she told me, "Good luck, little man. I'm counting on you." while giving me a wink and blowing a kiss at me (Surprise, surprise!) before flying off.

Time felt like it was flying by while I did my undercover work. First, I used my speed to do a quick patrol around the outskirts. Nothing out of the ordinary. Next, I ran up the trees for a better view. Still nothing. I then decided to keep still on top of a tree branch, so if I see something suspicious, I'll be able to get the jump on the crook. A minute passed, then two, then ten. Almost a half hour was about to passed. I was starting to get bored myself. I wondered if what Blackberry said was true. I was about to call it quits...until I heard something.

Foot steps on grass! I looked down below and saw a hooded figure floating right below me. I don't think this mystery creature notices me. I stayed completely still and watched and waited. The hooded figure seemed to be looking around. Like it was looking for something...or if it was seeing if the coast was clear.

In no time, I got my answer.

Out of nowhere, the figure was conjuring up trash all over! Then, it pulled out an axe and started chopping trees like crazy! It was a mess of broken branches and twigs. Then it used what appeared to be fire magic and burned grass spelling out something. I couldn't see what it said, until the figure moved out of the way. When I got a good look at the handwriting, I was disgusted about what it said.

"ROTTEN LITTLE PESTS!"

This was the final straw for me! Now that I caught this mystery crook in the act, it was time for action! I ran down the tree and shouted at the guilty suspect. "HEY!"

It quickly turned around, and in no time, it somehow started floating and took off into the hollow. I quickly followed suit. While I was giving chase, I wondered who this mysterious vandal was. I had several questions stirring in my mind: Who is it? Does this creature live here? Why make a mess outside this kingdom? Hopefully, I'll get answers after this.


I continued chasing this crook and realized that it was heading for Blackberry's home! I hate to think about what will happen if it reaches the queen. I was almost to my target when suddenly, it casted a swift fireball spell at me. I jumped, barely dodging it and fell on grass, face first. I got back on my feet and saw it break into the queens home. I sprinted again after it, hoping I'm not too late to stop it. I entered the tree and immediately was met by a loud scream. "Oh no!" I thought. I hurried to the queens throne...and just as I feared, there she was, taken hostage by this sick, twisted criminal using telekinesis magic. I shouted, "LET HER GO!" Just then, the hooded creature launched another fireball at me. On instinct, I held up both hands in an attempt to block it, but instead, I shot ice crystals from my hands launching them towards the fireball, but at much faster speed! On impact, the fire and ice elements exploded into nothing. I could tell, the figure was shocked as it lost it's concentration on Blackberry, releasing her. The figure then spoke, "How did you do that?!" It sounded like an elderly male. I ignored the question and asked my own, "Who are you?" It didn't seem like he was going to tell me and instead used more magic to stop me. It casted lightning at me but my lightning fast speed helped me dodge. It then conjured up copies of himself but my fast pummeling wiped out all the fakes. After that, it tried using a sleep spell on me. Despite his direct hit, much to his surprise, I wasn't affected at all. I could tell it was getting irritated. In a last ditch effort to take me down, it was charging up a powerful magic beam while chanting words under his breath. My mind was racing, thinking about how to survive this attack. Then I got an idea. I readied myself to run and as soon as this wizard fired, I ran and in only a millisecond, I held out a large mirror in front of the beam. Just as I predicted, it bounced off the glass surface and back into the hooded figure. On impact, he shouted in pain and when my counterattack was over, he fell to the ground.

I set down the mirror gently and ran to the figure, removing the hood and revealing the guilty cons face.

It was an elf! And elderly male elf. It had the traits like that famous wizard, Merlin. Long beard, glasses. He was also green skinned and had pointy ears like any elf would. I then saw BlackBerry regain her balance and flew towards us, getting a good look at the crook's face. She gasped loudly.

"Oak?! She said. " You know him?" I asked. She nodded and explained that Oak was a brilliant wizard from one region over. Then his behavior started changing and grew paranoid of things. "But why all the vandalism?" I asked. The wizard, Oak explained that he was a dear friend of the fairies and cared deeply for them. But one day, the fairies wanted to make friends with other creatures, including the giants. He feared that something would go horribly wrong and that the fairies would suffer badly. So he devised a trick: Make a mess of the hollow and pin the blame on the outside creatures, so there would be no reason to befriend anyone. I was shocked at his story. I didn't know what to do at this point. Just then, Blackberry had an idea.

"Oak?" She spoke up and the wizard looked up at her. "While I am disgusted by your acts, I simply cannot let you go to prison. Instead, I would rather you give this friendship thing a chance. In fact, I will be your first new friend. And this little cutie pie will be your second friend!" she finished, motioning to me.

Oak thought for a second before answering, "Ok your Highness. If your sure?" Blackberry nodded and Oak smiled. He then added how impressive I was with magic, even though I told him it was just a few tricks here and there.

That's when BlackBerry got an idea: Both she and Oak could teach me magic that they knew! Apparently they we're rather impressed with my magic that I would make a promising student. I told them I would like too, but I had a job to do. Blackberry said that it was fine and she could let me know ahead of time so we could have a private session. The way she said "private" sounded seductive, much to my embarrassment.


Later on, Blackberry made an announcement to every fairy, "Everyone! For awhile now, we have been violated by gruesome crimes around our beloved hollow. But no more!" She then scooped me up out of nowhere and brought me up for everyone to see. She continued, "Thanks to this adorable little hero, our problems are solved! Now let him hear your appreciation!" The crowds cheered and applauded to my good deed and I simply waved. Then out of nowhere I was, yet again brought to her chest, squeezing me between her bosoms, much to my embarrassment. She giggled, "Aww, you're so cute down there!" She then brought me to her face and spoke again, "So this means you're my little knight now, hmm?" As honored as I was, I had to remind her, "Sorry, but I'm already on the force at the local prison." She pouted for a bit but then answered back, "Oh well. That just means you're already a knight. Not just to me, of course." She winked and gave me a big wet kiss. My face lit up again. Just then, I was bombarded with questions such as, "Are you going to date our queen?" or "Does this make you our fairy king?" And then, "Who are you again?" I just knew who asked that question. Ivy? I saw her again and when she saw me, she said, "Ohh, you're that little guy I met earlier! Silly me!"
I simply shook my head in amusement.

After a little celebration, I bid farewell to everyone and vice versa, especially the queen who said, "I'll be waiting for you!" before I left. I honestly can't believe how many creatures actually have the hots for me!


I returned to the prison and reported everything to Manny. He was rather impressed with how well I did my first solo job, and I was rewarded with a paid day off whenever I decided to take it. I was surprised! Those things are hard to get! Like algebra.

As for Oak, BlackBerry decided to keep this incident a secret and said that they will make friends with the giants when they're good and ready.

I was about to call it a day and go home when Manny asked me one last question. Something I didn't expect at all, "So, did you score with someone?" I didn't know what he meant at first but when he pointed at my cheek, I sprinted towards a mirror and saw yet another thing I didn't expect.

A black kiss mark on my cheek! "Oh boy!" I thought to myself.
© Copyright 2021 flash (flashfan2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249679-Superhuman-cop-A-fairy-odd-mission