*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2250154-The-Rock
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2250154
Flash Fiction
The Rock

I’ve always loved the rock behind my house. Unfortunately, after eons on the hill, also behind my house, that beautiful rock, that literally convinced me to buy this house in the first place, decided to let go, and tumble down.

When I bought the house, the realtor assured me it was safe, it had been there forever! It had been. Recently, that very same realtor bought the land at the top of the hill and built a house on it, as an investment. Apparently, all the digging and building loosened the rock. Unfortunately, according to the realtor, the rock was on my land, and now it just moved.

I got an estimate this morning for the damages, the rock having rolled right into my house, smashing the foundation, breaking some of the frame, and shattering a few windows. Looking at the cost to fix it all, I felt like I was buying a new house. Matter of fact the price of the house at the top of the hill that my realtor was now selling, wasn’t all that much more expensive...

As I looked at the estimate the contractor had given me, he’d added a plot plan showing where the rock had been and its trajectory into my house when it was dislodged. I suddenly wanted to kiss this guy!

I immediately went to the town hall and got a copy of my own, of my plot plan. Then, to my lawyer.

Seems my realtor actually owned that rock. It used to be two feet over the property line, on her side. Once she pays to get it off my house, and also fixes my house, I think I’ll agree to keep it though.

I have always loved that rock, it’s gonna look spectacular at the bottom of the hill.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2250154-The-Rock