*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2250659-The-Ways-of-Love
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Relationship · #2250659
(SAMPLE)-
The Ways of Love

Taylor Walter- 16
-Brianna (Mom) 45
-Josh (Brother) 21
-Alaya (Cousin) 16


Jake Heart- 16
-Jessica (Mom) 36
-David (Dad) 37
-Lisa (Sister) 12
































- ONE -

Today was a good kind of day, it was breezy but it still had some heat. Today Jake and I went for a walk. We've been close friends since middle school. I remember when we first met, we were in two different classes. He was sitting in the library staring out the glass window that was speratating us. Him and I have talked before, but never seriously talked. Until the first year of high school, he had asked me out and I accepted, it was awkward in the beginning, since every time we talked it was us acting goofy or making fun of each other. A year later and we are still together, and now we have more in common than peanut butter and jelly on a sandwich.

“So, what do you want to do now?” Jake asked, snapping me back to reality. He had blond messy hair, which is normal, he wakes up with messy hair and goes to sleep with messy hair. Then he had those eyes, the ones you could stare at all day. They were as blue as the sky on a sunny day. That is one reason why I fell in love with him in the beginning.

“I’m not sure, what would you like to do?” I was never the one to make decisions. I was always the one girl who made everything boring and unamusing. After it fell silent I suggested that we should go back to my house, since my parents only gave us a couple hours.

“Okay, sure. That is fine, besides I think your dad is finally starting to like me.” He looked at me and smiled, then he tugged on my finger signaling that he wanted to hold my hand.

Of course, since I can’t resist him, I gave him my hand and we laughed and talked all the way to the car, “Do you think you can stay over for dinner tonight?” I walked to the door and he opened it for me.

“Yes, I will, I probably will be over tomorrow too,” He looked at me before closing the door, “Watch your short legs.” Which made him laugh, and me as well.

“I am not that short” I laughed while talking, “I’m almost as tall as you!” I laughed a little too hard.

“Whatever short legs…” He looked at me, smiled and winked then he laughed too hard. Which is why I can’t be mad at him, because everything we do is a joke.

“So, tell me. What makes you think I’m so short?” I was very interested to know.

“Well, you can’t even reach the top shelf of your cabinets, and don't get me started on how you have to jump to get on a trampoline, and when you jump you struggle.” he nudged my shoulder as I started to pout, “You are so cute when you pout.”

“Aww, thanks! But you are still mean for calling me short…” I smiled and tried to wink at him, but I looked like I had a stroke.

During the car ride back to my house, he was singing. I had know clue what he was singing though, so I had to ask him. He just ignored me, and kept singing. Some of the lyrics did not rhyme, but they went a little like “I’m in love with you and your short legs, I’m in love with you and the weird things. I don’t know why, but I’m in love with some short legs.” I couldn’t help but laugh when I figured out it was about me.

“I love you.” He looked at me and I smiled. His smiles were what got me through the day, and when he was sad then I was sad too.

“I love you, too!” My smile was bigger than his. Everytime he says he loves me I believe I’m the luckiest girl in the world. I still think about what would happen if we ever broke up, I would be heartbroken, I would- I stopped and I noticed where I was. I was in the car with Jake. I should enjoy it and not worry. I am happy where I’m at as long as I’m with him.

“What’s wrong?” He paused, “I know you are thinking about something, because everytime you think hard you make a face and stare into the unknown,” He grabbed my hand, “I’m serious, you can tell me anything.”

“I’m scared that you will break up with me?” I paused, “I don’t want that…” I looked at him nervously hoping he would make me feel better. Of course he was thinking of what he should say next. He always does.

“I promise you have nothing to worry about, I would never hurt you, I promise.” He had this sincere look in his eyes, that made me believe him. Which he didn’t have to have those eyes, I always believed him.

I thought the world of Jack, I just don’t know if he knew. I loved him so much... almost too much. I just hope we last.





















- A YEAR LATER -





I haven’t seen jack in a couple of months since he's been so busy. He has a job, he has to go to school, and we only talk on the phone three times a week. This is very hard for me, sometimes I wonder if I should just stop trying and not call him anymore. I’ve had times where I thought about him flirting with other girls. When I think of those things, I try to block them out.

Right now I’m eating at my kitchen counter spacing out on all the possibilities of what jack could be doing right now. I don’t know if he is working since I don’t know his schedule, and I’m so worried about it. I refuse to believe he is talking to other girls though… Maybe I should call him. That is what keeps going through my head, and I don’t want to call him what if he is working. I sat there thinking about it for about fifteen minutes. I couldn’t stop, until I heard my phone ring, I couldn’t find it until it had stopped ringing, then I got a voicemail.

“Hey Taylor, it’s Jack. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry… but I think that we are growing apart and we should see other people, I think that we should break up, and we can’t be friends… goodbye.”

I started to cry and I could only feel pain. I could not breathe and it hurt so bad. There was no other word to describe me as but numb. I got up and I ran to the bathroom, I started to cry a lot and question why I was not good enough, I could not believe he would do this. I just couldn't. Then the one thing that came into my head was “what if he had another girlfriend?” I was so stuck on that, I could not get that idea out of my head. I was so mad, no I was more than mad, I was pissed off. Why would he do it over a voicemail? I had so many questions that had to be answered.

I called him and it went straight to voicemail. A tear rolled down my cheek. It was hard to see what I was doing and typing since I was crying. I tried to wipe my tears off my cheek, but they just came back and rolled down my face. I started to type him a message:

Taylor: 12:45 P.M.- I just got your voicemail… why? Why would you do this? I hate you so much you asshole. I can’t believe you, after everything we’ve done together. I hope you rot in hell.
DELIVERED

I sat there waiting for the texting bubble that indicates that someone is in the middle of typing. Nothing…

































- THREE -
I sat in my bed and layed there, it had been two weeks since I last heard from Jack. I haven’t ate breakfast yet and I’m just laying here. It is 9:30 A.M., and I can’t simply get over the fact he can cut me out of his life just like that. I hate this feeling, I really do. I wish I could just end the world. I wish I could die… The only problem is that I am scared of death. I don’t know anymore, I guess I’m just lost. I should go do something I have to get ready for school. I got up off of the bed and walked to my closet. I saw a sweater that he had bought me, I ripped it off of the hanger and threw it on the floor, hoping my dog would pee on it.

Which reminded me I had to feed my dog for the morning. I quickly got dressed and I went to put some food down on his mat. I scrambled to get my computer for school, I was already running a little behind. Thank God my bus stop is only a block away from my house. I yelled through the house to my mom, “I’m about to leave for school, bye mom, love you!”

It took her a minute to respond, “Bye honey, I love you too!” I felt bad for her because she is always tired, since she works late.

As I patted my dog and said goodbye to him. I started to walk to school and while I was walking to school I put in my headphones and I played my sad playlist… This whole breakup thing is hard, but I know it's going to get worse. I counted my footsteps as I was walking to the bus stop. As I started to get closer and closer I had two-hundred and three steps so far. I could not believe we took that many steps in one block. I got to my destination and I sat on the bench, waiting for my bus to come around.

I looked around before I got comfortable, there was a kid who was sitting by the light pole and he was staring at his phone. I kind of got the creeps from him… Then there was a girl waiting in the grass, she was talking to someone on the phone, it sounded like it might have been a close friend or her boyfriend. I looked back at my phone and played my next song, I was getting tired of listening to Waves, by Dean Lewis. I took one last glance up and I saw that creepy goth boy walking towards me. I kind of freaked out. I didn’t know what he was going to do, I thought of the worst that could happen. He could have probably stabbed me with one of his spikes on his shoes. I laughed a little out loud, which caused me to get the attention of the girl on the phone. GREAT…

“Hey, are you that one girl that Jack broke up with?” He looked at me, and I looked at him. I was shocked he had blue eyes, which is odd, because he had black hair. It was kind of cute though…

“Yeah, I guess I am…” I looked at him and looked back at my phone, thinking, is that who I am now “Jack’s ex”, I hope not. I was kind of getting mad.

“I’m sorry to hear about that Taylor, but the truth is you deserve better.” I looked at him again, and I was going to say something and then the bus pulled around the corner.

“Oh, thanks, I gotta go I have to get on the bus.” I picked up my backpack and walked to the bus line that was forming. When I got in, I sat in the last seat. I didn’t know who to tell so I texted my cousin and I told her what just happened.

Taylor: 10:45 A.M.- So… I was waiting at my bus stop and there was this weird goth guy flirting with me.
DELIVERED


Alaya: 10:47 A.M.- OMG!! Send me a picture. I need to see him!
READ

Taylor: 10:55 A.M.- No, I’m not doing that LMAO…
DELIVERED

She didn’t respond, she was probably in class now. I smiled a little when she got excited over a goth, that was unusual. The bus ride was pretty bumpy and I didn’t get a response from Alaya, so I just started to stare out the window, while trying to think of ways to calm myself down so I don’t have a stressful day. I thought of one thing and that was to spend my day not talking to anyone. As I was staring out the window, I saw Jack’s car ride past us, which was not a fun trip down memory lane. Instantly I kept thinking about the time when I went to the movies with him. He picked me up, and he surprised me with a necklace and stuffed animal. I started to get teary eyed so I tried to stop thinking about old memories.
















© Copyright 2021 Rachel Taylor (rachel-writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2250659-The-Ways-of-Love