*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2250876-Thinking-Deep
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2250876
Flash Fiction
Thinking Deep

“Tell me what happened.”

“Frankie hit me,” Jeff said, looking up, eyes filled with tears.

“I know that part,” said Dad, “tell me the other part.”

“What other part? Frankie hit me,” Jeff said again.

“How about the why part? Why did Frankie hit you?”

“Because my head was right where his fist was when he finished swinging it.”

“OK. And how did your head get to right where his fist was when he finished swinging it?”

“We were both running and I was in front of him and I was gonna run to the swing set, but at the last second I remembered the swings were wet, so I turned to run to the tree house and he was closer so I kind of ran in front of him and he had his hand out and he swung it to push me out of the way because he couldn’t stop in time, but instead he hit me right in the head with his fist.”

“What?

“We were both running and I was in front of him...”

“Wait! So, what you’re saying is Frankie ‘accidently’ hit you in the head with his fist, is that right?”

“Ah... yeah, I guess so...”

“So why are we having this conversation?”

“You started it Dad. Can I go back and play with Frankie now?”

“Yes.”

Later in the kitchen: “Did you have a good time outside with the boys?” Mom asked.

“It was certainly educational,” Dad said thoughtfully.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2250876-Thinking-Deep