*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251297-You-Didnt-Learn-That-in-School
Rated: E · Essay · Comedy · #2251297
A Brief Essay



You didn’t learn that in school.

A sense of humor, while certainly essential to coping with the world, is not something taught in school.

You definitely need humor to survive in the world.

I love when people don’t take themselves or their situation seriously. Granted, there are times when you need to be serious. Times when you need to be an adult.

But why not have fun? Make a joke! Laugh!

Look at that label. What fun is that? Yes, anyone can write a boring label for a boring carpet mat. But this person had an imagination.

The important things you needed to know were stated in plain English. Then it got interesting. The employee got to thinking. What else can I say about this plain beige carpet mat?

And you know what? I would buy that just for the fun label on the back. That and the fact someone from the good old USA made it and took the time to make me smile.


 
A boring beige door mat  [E]
Ah - but look closer
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham









© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251297-You-Didnt-Learn-That-in-School