*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252610-Roofing-Services-How-Roof-Coating-Work
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Home/Garden · #2252610
Roofing services like roof coating are an affordable option in restoring roofing systems.
Roof coating is an increasingly popular technology that is being equipped in roofing services today. They are staples that are often neglected but play a big role in keeping society's life running smoothly. Keeping it well-maintained helps a property owner understand how crucial they are and why keeping them efficient is necessary. However, as roofs take the brunt of it - outside weather, season changes, and sun exposure, they are bound to deteriorate and lose their integrity over time.

Left without the appropriate coating, they could even wear and tear faster. As these damages pile up, they will even take a significant toll on your property's overall efficiency. A spike in your monthly energy bill may also be a downside of not having your roofings coated properly.

What Are Silicone Coatings

Roofing services   are common for roofs that have been around for several years. Although there are no visible leaks or devastating damage, a property owner realizing that his roof warranty is about to come to an end will look for ways to fortify their investment. To further prolong the life of a commercial roof, without having to go for a complete replacement is by having it coated with silicone.

Silicone coatings are a fluid roofing membrane that is used to repair, patch, and coat roofs to restore and weatherproof these areas. It is a single layer that can be applied in one or two coats to fill in cracks, blisters, and seams on your roof.

They have thick coating formula that includes high-quality resins. Roof coatings provide an extra layer of protection for your investment. When applied correctly, silicone roof coatings can add years to the lifespan of a property's roof. It can improve the efficacy of your investment.

Most roofing installation services do not include a roof coating unless discussed during the initial planning of your roofing requirements. It is an extra layer of protection that a standard roof coating does not include. For a typical roofing system, a small portion of protective layers is applied to the roof and consumes an average of a gallon per 100 square feet. Other specifications may require more. To determine the exact amount of roof coating you need, ask your roofing contractor for a bid or cost estimate of the project.

Roof Coatings Versus Re-Roofing

The process itself is already a huge difference between re-roofing and roof coatings. Re-roofing involves removing the roof completely and then replacing them with a new one. Roof coating only involves the application of a protective coating, without having to remove any of your current roofs. To determine whether you need a re-roofing or a coating roofing service, here are questions you should ask.

Do you need a completely new roof?

Unless there are obvious damages on your roofs - broken shingles or huge holes in your roof, they can still be salvaged with a roofing coating. If there is too much rust and damage on your roof, they require replacing. Consult with your roofing contractor to be able to determine if your roofs are beyond saving or can be repaired with a recoat.
Can my roofing system be repaired?

Working with a reliable roofing specialist ensures that they will look after the welfare of your roofs while taking your budget in consideration. An honest roofing contractor will give you an honest assessment of what your roof needs if you ask them for an inspection as well as a roofing repair/replacement cost.

Can my roofing system be repaired?

Working with a reliable roofing specialist ensures that they will look after the welfare of your roofs while taking your budget in consideration. An honest roofing contractor will give you an honest assessment of what your roof needs if you ask them for an inspection as well as a roofing repair/replacement cost.
How damaged are your roofing materials?

It is important to understand that the existing condition of your roofing materials determines whether it can still be repaired or whether it is due for replacement. The more deteriorated they are, the more it requires to be replaced.

How Much Does Roof Coatings Cost?

Generally, roof coatings are more affordable compared to a roof replacement. However, there are still a lot of things to be considered to be able to arrive at a close estimate on how much coating roofing services will cost. The formula and brand of the mixture, the square footage of the roof, its slope, and the type of service required are just some of the items that are included in the cost of a roof coating service.

On average, the cost of a roofing coat service for flat roof surfaces starts at $0.90 to $2.00 per square foot. Additional costs due to the pitch, slope, and the other preliminary repairs before proceeding with the application of the roof coating.



© Copyright 2021 Joie Gahum (joiegahum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252610-Roofing-Services-How-Roof-Coating-Work