*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252722-James---In-the-House-of-Mirrors
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2252722
Are the clowns laughing at you too?
James was inside the house of mirrors. He would go forward until he would bash himself against a mirror, and try to find his way into the next room. It seemed like the carnival music was getting louder. It was increasingly harder for him to breathe. He felt as if he might pee his pants. He must've had his head lower than he thought, as he hit his head directly against a mirror and nearly fell down. Not a crack in the mirror though, it was like the mirror was laughing at him. The carnival music was now slowing down and speeding up, like a bike chain, increasing and decreasing in length. In the corner of his eyes he saw a flash of color, and looked in that direction, he saw a jack in the box, laughing, and in his mind he knew it was laughing at him. "You fool! You can't escape the house of mirrors." It was amplified in his ears as he kept walking, dodging the solid mirrors, and trying his best to escape. The laughing was getting louder, the carnival music only in the background, as if to remind him where he was.

He shuddered, and hit his head again, he felt woozy. James closed his eyes, and for a minute every thing was quiet. He opened his eyes again, it was completely dark. He could hear the echo of dripping water as if he were in a tunnel. "Where am I?" He screamed.

"You know where you are." It echoed back to him.

"Who are you?" He asked as if to himself nervously.

The man in the jack in the box appeared before him. "You know who I am."

James screamed loudly, scared, "I've never seen you before in my life!"

© Copyright 2021 The Bat (thebat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252722-James---In-the-House-of-Mirrors