*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252856-Escape-Plan
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2252856
Daily Flash Fiction 6/20/21 W/C 291

Escape Plan


One night in the forest the frogs had a meeting. On the agenda were three items.

1. It’s not easy being green
2. Lily pad maintenance
3. Recent disappearance of frogs

Mercy started talking.

“Alright frog friends. On the agenda we have three action items.

First, about your appearances. I’ve noticed several of us not looking our best. It’s important to look nice! Keep up with your diets. Now is not the time give up flies.

Second, we need to repair some of the lily pads in our pond. I’ll assign those duties after the meeting.

Lastly, some of you are concerned about the recent disappearance of friends. Does anyone have any news about this trend? The floor is open for comments at this time.”

George hopped to the front. “I’ve heard the university’s been gathering some of us for dissecting. We need an escape plan.”

“Good to know, George. I was unaware they’re still doing that barbaric ritual.” Mercy pointed to a frog in the back. “You had a leg up.”

“Babs here. I’ll be glad to organize the lily pad maintenance. I’m a natural organizer. Just ask anyone.”

“Good to know, Babs. Gather whomever you need to help. Next?”

Harry, the oldest of the frog population, slowly stood on his two hind legs.
“I have an idea for our escape plan. It involves some mammals.” He sat back down.

“A frog of few words. Good to know, Harry. Meeting adjourned.”

All frogs went back to the pond. Soon the alarm went out. It sounded to the attackers like “Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit. CROAK. Ribbit, ribbit,
ribbit.” But the real meaning was "They said ‘We have you surrounded’. Go to the escape plan.”

Soon all frogs had saddled the squirrels and galloped away.











© Copyright 2021 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252856-Escape-Plan