*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252951-King-Elliott
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2252951
Daily Flash Fiction 6/21/21 W/C 290


King Elliott

Elliott sat in the folding chair. He wore a daisy chain crown and a frown.

“You look like a King. Now I’ll give you a necklace.”

Jane wrapped a bike chain around his neck. “There. Now you’re a real King.”

Elliott looked down at his white t-shirt, now with black grease on it.

“Wait, one more thing.” Jane ran to the back porch, grabbed her jump rope.“You’ll need this for your dragon. He likes to run away so tie him up.”

She stepped back to survey Elliott as King. A big smile lit up her face. Elliott still wore a frown.

“You are now King of the BackYard. What can I get you, your majesty,?” Jane bowed before Elliott.

“A big stick,” Elliott growled. “And a big plastic bag.”

Jane rose with a puzzled look on her face. “What?”

“I am the King, so you need to give me what I ask for.”

Jane scurried away, then brought back a plastic baseball bat and a kitchen garbage bag.

Mom came walking up. “What in the world are you two doing?”

“Elliott’s the King of the BackYard. He’s going to rope the dragon.”

Elliott rose from the chair, took off the crown. “She made me do it.”

“And he’s going to use the baseball bat and garbage bag for the dragon because he’s the King,” said Jane.

Mom let out a big sigh. “I don’t even want to know. Put everything back when you’re done.” She walked back into the house, shaking her head as she went.

George, the dragon on the roof, flew down to Elliott.

“It’s time for his walk. Tell mom I’ll be back soon,” Elliott said. He threw the baseball bat for George to fetch.

W/C 290




© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252951-King-Elliott