*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2253509-Her-Smile
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2253509
They had no idea what was coming
"You look different.”
Sarah stared at him for a moment. “What do you mean?”
“I mean, you look like you actually had some sleep. For the past week I’ve heard you tossing and turning. No nightmares last night?”
“Yes. Nightmares. No...” Sarah slowly said, a slight smile developing.
“Are you alright?” Josh wondered.
“Ah, I must have overslept.”
“Well, you needed sleep.”
“Yes, yes.”
“Are you sure? You're acting weird tonight.”
Sarah smiled and it made him feel rather uneasy. Her eyes seemed vacant.
“Listen, I gotta go.” Josh stated.
“Why? What is the rush? I have something for you.”
Her smile... it literally widened from ear to ear. Her expression was menacing. Josh did not like it at all. This was not possible, he thought as he slowly backed away.
“It’s getting late, it’s best I leave.”
Her eyes... once so brown, now black as coals.
“What the?” Josh cried.
She neared her face towards his and took a deep whiff.
“Sarah! What the hell are you doing?” Josh cried in surprise, his eyes widening.
“I can smell your fear,” She whispered. She laughed loudly as she wrapped her hand around his neck.
She squeezed.
He screeched and begged for his life.
“No, Sarah! What are you doing?” Josh said tightly as he attempted to pull her hand away from his throat. He could hardly breathe.
“For whom you cry out too, is dead. It feels so good to be back in a body.”
She quickly snapped his neck and tossed his lifeless body to the side.
“What have you done?!”
Sarah heard another voice behind her. She turned to see her new victim. She grinned. They had no idea what was coming to them.



(word count: 288)
© Copyright 2021 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2253509-Her-Smile