*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2254063-The-Love-of-My-Life
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #2254063
When We First Met
I remember the very first time I laid eyes on my wife, man was she hot, blonde hair, big smile, built just right, I thought to myself, "Wow! She's way out of my league!" That wasn't even what sealed the deal for me. What can I say, it takes more than looks for me. You have to be able to talk, laugh, get along. Have something in common, or at the very least have some good qualities of character.
Besides being beautiful turns out she is an absolutely incredible cook. I'm only ten days older than her, so we have a lot in common. We like a lot of the same things and have a lot of the same views on a lot of things. And that still isn't what got me. What finally made me realize she was the one was her character.
Not two weeks into meeting each other, she came over one night and I could tell she was upset about something. We started talking and she said, " I have a confession to make." I thought, " oh no, here it comes, she's married." I won't go into all the details, but turns out she had told me something that to be honest I didn't even remember.
It wasn't even real important information. But it bothered her to the point of tears. She felt like she had told a lie, and really it was more like she hadn't told the whole story. Like I said it wasn't really important, at least not to me. But it really bothered her.
I thought that if something like this bother's her this bad, she's pretty special. The more I thought about it, the more I thought, " I don't even deserve to have someone like her in my life." I began to think God had sent an angel into my life to get my attention. And boy did he ever get my attention. I'll never forget her standing there by her car that night, blonde hair blowing in the wind, that big pretty smile. I sure am glad I went over to talk to her.
I've been trying ever since to be a better man, so that one day, maybe I'll deserve having this wonderful woman in my life.
© Copyright 2021 Enoch Jones (rlj1960 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2254063-The-Love-of-My-Life