*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255158-Tah-Dah
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2255158
Daily Flash Fiction 7/22/20 W/C 266


Tah Dah!


“Don’t push that button.”

“I need to order all this.”

“No, you don’t. Trust me, you don’t know what you are doing.”

“I order from them all the time.”

“I read about some big bug in the system. When you order, they charge your card double, then you cannot get a credit. You’re screwed.”

“Nah, I just ordered something yesterday. It was fine.”

“It’s called the ‘ Tah Dah! ’ bug.”

“What kind of stupid name is that?”

“Well, you order, and, Tah Dah! , you’re charged twice. They’re making millions on this. The feds are all over this.”

“But I need these.”

“More shirts? More shoes? That book? Let me see your list.”

"This is none of your business. Go away.”

"Okay, but you’ve been warned."

The next day she checked her account. The site shipped her three orders. Twenty shirts on the first one. Thirty pairs of shoes on the second. One hundred books on the third. Jane read and reread the shipping confirmations. The totals came to over $10,000. Her credit card was maxed out.

“Yes, hello, I need to cancel the order I placed last night. I can’t seem to do this online. Can you help me?”

Customer service seemed to be of no help, but the agent assured her that her card would be credited. Jane checked with her bank. They no longer were able to put accounts in dispute with this company, they told her. Too many complaints was the reason. She was responsible for all charges on her credit card.

“Well, judge, it’s like this…”

W/C 266

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255158-Tah-Dah