*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255223-Tales-From-the-Guild
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2255223
Chapter one: Escape from the Labyrinth Mountain
The elf swung one of his axes in the ribs of one of the undead warriors. Quickly he followed up by burying his second axe in its neck, taking its head clean off. He kicked the body away towards another undead who swatted the headless body away with its shield. Taking advantage of the opening the elf rushed in and with a twirl and a battle cry added another beheading to his count. As the body fell he quickly turned to his left, blocking a Warhammer strike by dropping to his knees and catching the shaft in the cross of his axes. A terrible roar left the undeads' mouth as he pulls at the hammer attempting to free it. The elf willed himself to stand firm, his tired arms struggling to to hold the hammer, and the fool creature holding it , in place He glanced behind, sweat nearly dripping in his eye, and yelled ,'Beloved, I must insist that you hurry up. I cant protect you from this many undead for long.'

'I'm going as fast as I can !' Shouted his Orc companion, standing in front of the mechanism built into the door, sealing it. Flanked by two statues of warriors from a forgotten time. The Orc mages' usual rough low tone of voice had a panicked edge to it. His eyes dated from the opened book he held and the lock.' I need to get this right or this place will be our tomb.' The sealed door was their only why out of the mountain labyrinth now, the way they came in now cut off by the undead. The only hope they had to open it was to translate the language written on the lock itself. However the language was as old as the statues and his lover needed time to decipher it .

Time ,however, was growing short. More and more undead were slowly entering the chamber and advancing upon them . Their rotten feet dragging across the concrete floor. The undead were following the red path leading towards the door. They seemed to have enough intellect to avoid the large pools east and west, bottle necking the path in the middle of the room.

The labyrinth was used by a necromancer ,though according to the townsfolk he didn't built it. It was quite the convent location to practice his infamous craft. It seems he also did some exploring as he had created a map of the area, which was found on his person after he was slayed. What he didn't had on him was the family heirloom he stole when his family disowned him due to his unholy hobby. The town constable wont send his men to search for it, insisting that they wait for the high churches' paladins to arrive and purify the area. Which was a three month wait. The family, apparently not being used to the word 'No', got impatient and petitioned the adventurers guild.

The Elf arms were about to give, he had to act quickly. Dropping his axes, he dived out of of the hammers path downwards. He grabbed the shaft and pulled the undead towards him. Greeting its ugly face with a elbow. The undead, releasing the Warhammer, staggered back which allowed the elf to strike. The elf slammed the Warhammer on the side of the undead skull .He almost feel the bone breaking as the weapon makes it impact with a satisfying crunch. As the undead dropped, he threw the warhammer to another charging enemy. His aim ring true and his target dropped as well but unlike the pervious combatant not permanently.

He dived for one of his axes. Grabbing one and using it to block a club striking down at his head. Then he slammed his left leg into its torso, sending it spiraling to the floor. Turning around he quickly ducked under a sword slash, punching the undead in the stomach before slamming the axe down on its head.

'Yes!' the Orc yelled in victory.

He elf instinctively glanced at the Orc. It was only for the shortest of moments. But it was enough. He suddenly felt sharp pain near his abdomen. He gasped in pain, turning his head to see the the ugly face undead that had stabbed him. The elf gathered his strength a headbutted the zombie away. Only to turn into a shield, bashing him square in the face. As he fell to the floor the zombie warriors gathered around him, getting ready to bludgeon him to death with whatever weapons they had. Suddenly the chamber filled with sunlight causing the undead to groan and shield themselves. They were then attacked by a barrage of fire balls.

'Back! Away you fool creatures'. The orc rushed to his side. Casting other fire ball barrage to take care of the undead nearest them. The elf looked down to see what had pieced his flesh. A small dagger sticking out of his side. Blood leaking down to his lower body. He felt the Orc's strong arms scooping him up in his arms he ran out the opened door into the wilderness. Outside, he was gently put down. The Orc stood in front the exit and begin his magical song. The elf watched ,as the near by vines grew long and thick, so much that they completely covered the exit. The door was sealed once again.. When it was done his beloved staggered back to him. 'I'm sorry,' he said, their foreheads touching, the elf looked into the orcs green eyes .He could see the guilt griping him like a vice.

'Now now, lovesome. None of that' said the elf. His voice shaky, his hand cupping the orcs face. 'We knew the job was dangerous. But I'm alive, your alive. I trust you still have the the item?'

' Hardly seems worth it now.' The orc produced the heirloom from his pack. A red ring with a diamond shaped in the form of the family symbol.' Now take the dagger out. Let me heal you'.

'Now hold on.' The elf protest. 'You need to rest, you just did some advance magic back there. I can wait a fe-' The lips of the orc silenced him. After a few seconds of bliss their lips parted and the orc said ' Please, I need to know you be alright.'

'Ok lovesome' The elf yielded. 'But you rest after .Promise me' The orc shook his head, accepting the terms.

The Elf with a groan, pulled the dagger out. Once again the air was filled with the Orcs loud chants. The plant life around him growing and wrapping him around in a healing cocoon. The two lovers stared in each other until the elf was completely covered. Safe in the sweet embrace of the cocoon.






© Copyright 2021 shyguy42 (deancole at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255223-Tales-From-the-Guild