*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255325-By-the-Pool
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2255325
Flash Fiction
By the Pool

Sitting by the pool. It was so hot outside. I wanted to be in the pool but I didn’t want to get wet and look messed up when Jeremy arrived. I wouldn’t mind the wet, but I knew if I went in, those bozos would splash me and wreck my hair and make-up. I was as far away from the edge as possible without actually being out of the pool area. My chair was touching the fence. Which was another whole problem because on the other side were bushes, and bushes had bugs and flying things.

As I reached out to swat still another flying thing away, still trying to look serene, in case Jeremy walked in, I noticed it was yellow. Usually flying bugs are black or brown or combinations of those and gray, not pretty colors, unless they’re butterflies or ladybugs or something sweet. This was a real bug, bug, but lemon colored.

Intrigued, I decided to try to get a better look and held my hand still to let it land. It did. Just like a space ship landing on the moon.

And then it bit me! I screeched! I jumped so high everything in my lap, and my chair, including me surged forward and plummeted, head first, straight into the pool! Guess who pulled me out.

Nobody knew what bit me, but whatever it was, I was allergic to it. My hand swelled up and throbbed for days, Plus, I broke out in hives everywhere, and I mean everywhere...

Jeremy came to see me every day, we became the best of friends then, and we still are. I introduced him to your Aunt Cathy, and he introduced me to his older brother, John, who eventually became your father. Life sure is funny, isn’t it.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255325-By-the-Pool