*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255552-These-Weird-Olympic-Games-of-2020
Rated: ASR · Article · Sports · #2255552
The Writer's Cramp 7/29/21 W/C 239


These weird Olympic Games of 2020 - eh 2021...

I always look forward to the Olympic Games. Held once every four years, a time to see all countries peacefully competing in some sports taking a great amount of training. Strength and skill beyond what I will ever be capable of on the TV for all to see.

So this year, the Games are on again. But there is a sort of disconnect. They title them the Games of 2020. But it is 2021. That is the first faux pas in my mind.

Then there are all the new ‘sports’ that are competing. Golf to me is like watching paint dry. Boring. Badminton. Really? I played that in my back yard. Now it’s in the Olympics? Skateboarding. Okay, now this one may be the best of all. Those weird kids that almost knock you down on the sidewalk are now in the Olympics.

But I think the competition that got my attention was the ‘Best Body in a Thong and Top Hat’. Perhaps this wasn’t really a sport. These men sure didn’t look like any athlete I’d ever seen. Those bodies weren’t toned and muscled.

I would give them all a gold medal for the most daring stunt in the 2021 gathering of athletes. It takes a lot of nerve to prance around like that.

An image Facebook said was offensive


Somehow my entire idea about the Olympics just changed. The whole world has gone mad this past year. Why shouldn't the Olympics follow along?


© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255552-These-Weird-Olympic-Games-of-2020