*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256389-Bee-A-Pollinator
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2256389
A short short story about a backyard experience.
" 'Bee' A Pollinator "



One spot of yellow begged for my attention a short distance from where I stood surrounded by cool shades of green in a sea of grass. A lone dandelion seemed to be a target for the bee that first circled it, landed, buzzed off, then soon returned in a wide berth before landing again dead center of the flower.

While mesmerized by this bee activity, my mind wandered back to my youth when going barefoot was both a delightful and painful experience. Bee stings on bare feet were plenty. I was not deterred, however, as I preferred my toes tickled by the coolness of the verdant floor on hot summer days.

In this moment, I respectfully and smartly back-stepped to a safer distance for myself and to allow the bee to freely do its assigned job. The beauty of the scene was serene and inspiring. I am reminded all things in nature provide life lessons and opportunities for healing. From this brief backyard experience, bee-spirit to my spirit, a universal message was clear. Be a pollinator of good earth, good thoughts, good deeds, and good cheer.


© Copyright 2021 turtlemoon-dohi (susanjwelker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256389-Bee-A-Pollinator