*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256447-Guess-who-Im-reading
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Writing · #2256447
Guess which author I'm reading now! The style of this one must give you an idea.
The hour of her rising being rather later than usual, and the expected arrival of the daily-help rather earlier, she was gratified to find that her father's ward boy had prepared breakfast for her. Nor was he wanting in his efficiency and decorum in offering it to her. "Yesterday's rice, heated up, Madam, and that, twenty minutes ago. Shall I put it on the fire again so that it be freshly warm for your enjoyment?"

Nay, she entreated him, there was no need to exert himself in such minor matters as re-heating rice already once warmed, albeit almost a half hour previously. It would do as well, for was she not the most un-fussy of eaters? Having thus begged for a compliment, she perceived one in his bowing and walking away to attend to her father's needs. "How obliging he is!" she exclaimed to herself. "How gracious and how thoughtful of my dear father's every want!"
© Copyright 2021 THANKful Sonali LOVES DAD (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256447-Guess-who-Im-reading