*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256555-Lunch
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2256555
Flash Fiction
Lunch

“How did this get here?” Mr. Johnson said, pointing to the sandwich sitting on Frank’s desk.

“It came out of nowhere.”

Mr. Johnson looked down at Frank with an icy stare, “Did it? Where exactly is ‘nowhere’ Mr. Lewis?”

The rest of the class froze. This was going to be good. Mr. Johnson was the meanest teacher they had. Frank Lewis was a new kid and about to get creamed!

Frank looked up at Mr. Johnson with the most innocent look any of the kids had ever seen. They almost believed he actually hadn’t brought the sandwich in himself! Which, of course, was impossible.

“Up there, “ Frank said, pointing to the sky, still looking as innocent as a baby.

Mr. Johnson actually looked up, then quickly down realizing he was falling for the innocent look. “Mr. Lewis! Where did this sandwich come from! Who made this sandwich!”

“My mother made it,” Frank said, smiling, as if that would finally clear things up.

“Off to the Principal’s office Mr. Lewis!”

“Thank you, Sir,” Frank said, as if he had gotten a prize. He picked up his book, and the sandwich, and left the room.

The other students froze, waiting to see what would happen. After a few minutes, beads of perspiration popped out of Mr. Johnson’s forehead. He walked slowly to his desk, called the office, and was soon replaced with a substitute!

Frank’s parents quickly realized that they shouldn’t beam things to Frank on earth. Hoping no one noticed, they spoke to Frank later and never did it again.

Six years later, Frank graduated from junior high, but then they had to move to a new planet. Still, he always considered earth a favorite memory.

Mr. Johnson, however, unexpectedly retired the day after Frank started school there.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256555-Lunch