*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2257022-Finding-the-Way
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2257022
Flash Fiction
“We are never going to get there!” Albee snapped.

“Of course we are, have some faith,” Tip said.

“You said it was just a little ways, we’ve been walking forever!”

“Forever? Really forever? It’s been like five minutes, I know that’s a long ways for you but it’s hardly forever.”

“Well, it seems like it’s been a long time. Are you sure you know the way? You’re not that good at directions sometimes.”

“Thanks for the confidence! Anyway Bebe told me you just go to the big tree, and then go left. How can you get that wrong?”

“Maybe this is the wrong tree?”

“No, she said the green one with the pointy top. This is the only one around here with a pointy top.”

“I guess. So you never went here before?”

“No, but I had the strawberries! Bebe gave me some and they were wonderful! You’ll see, have a little faith!”

“I am getting hungry…”

“Lets run! I bet we’ll get there in another minute!”

From the second floor of Sandy’s house, Ted looked out the window. “Hey,
you have a strawberry patch out there?”

“Yeah,” Sandy said, “my mother sells them at the Farmer’s Market.”

“Do you have much trouble with the rabbits?”

“Some, not too much. Why do you ask?”

“There’s a couple of them playing tag around your pine tree.”

“Tag?”

“I guess, they’ve run a circle around it about six times while I’ve been standing here.”

“Oh, that’s so cute!” She rushed over to look, but they were gone.

Back under the tree:

“This can’t be right, I’m going home!” Albee said exhausted.

“Me too. Maybe Bebe was fooling me.”

They staggered away, dizzy from the run, missed the path, and landed right in the strawberry patch.

And life was good again.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2257022-Finding-the-Way