*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2257477-The-Momentous-Moment
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2257477
Flash Fiction
The Momentous Moment

“Do you see how big that thing is?” Joe said.

“What?” Frank asked, moving so Joe could reach his jacket.

“That bug.”

“I don’t see a bug.”

“The silver one, over by the table.”

“I don’t see it, where?”

“It was there a minute ago. Huge! I’ve never seen a bug that big.”

“What kind of bug was it?”

“I don’t know much about bug types.”

“Well,” Frank asked, “What did it look like beyond being silver?”

“Well it was almost round on top, and flat on the bottom. I couldn’t see if it had wings but it seemed to have fat legs. It had spots on it, dark spots around it’s middle, and antenna’s. Well one anyway, I only saw one maybe the other one got knocked off.”

“Wow you really studied that bug!”

“Well, I never saw a bug that big before! I thought you were seeing it too. I was gonna ask if you wanted to catch it, but then I remembered we were late already.”

“Wow, I wish I had seen it. Crap we are late! Let’s go!

The boys left.

Up near the ceiling Captain Ames blew the all clear signal, then turned to his bridge staff yelling, “Find us a way out of here! Stat!!”

Frank and Joe were so late for school, they both got detention and never thought about the “bug” again.

The small spacecraft, that had accidently blown in through Frank and Joe’s window, slowly made its way back out, and then quickly flew back up into the stratosphere never to speak about “The incident” ever again. (Though many in the crew had nightmares about “The incident” for the rest of their natural lives.)
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2257477-The-Momentous-Moment