*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258243-HOPE
by MK
Rated: E · Monologue · Inspirational · #2258243
Hope in the middle of the storm
Today I opened my eyes thanking God for another day.

He has given me strength in order to cross the valley of shadow of death.

I never thought that I would make it this far without His presence and guidance.

Looking back, I never thought that something devastating would happen as early as the third day of the first month of the year..

I undoubtedly looked forward to this year as the union I ever dreamt of was fast approaching; yet, everything was shaken.

I felt the ground shake, drifting apart from where it should be. Mountains began to build one after another, after another, the place became dark and dry. I am scared, no. I am extremely terrified.

I am in the wilderness, wandering around. An unfamiliar place I never wanted to be, a place where hope started fading away.

I am undeniably uncertain where to go or what to do; everything seems to be falling apart until I get down on my knees and cry.

Every night, I let the waters fall in my eyes, not knowing when it would stop. Yet, every morning, I felt joy and comfort. I know for certain that He is the one hugging me tight while listening to my cries, collecting every tear of mine, and placing it in a jar.

Every time I wake up, He never fails to say "Good morning, My child, fear not for I am with you, I am watching over you, I will never leave you nor forsake you, I will be with you in trouble, I will rescue you and honor you, with long life I will satisfy you and show you my salvation".

My Father's words bring so much peace, it calms the raging sea inside of me; it makes the strong wind around me silent. He makes the journey in the wilderness an adventure, full of excitement and hope. Discovering new things, wonders and healing.

God's love and faithfulness never fail. Heaven and earth will pass away, but HIs words will never pass away.
© Copyright 2021 MK (mkain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258243-HOPE