*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258980-Living-in-Gods-House-Forever
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #2258980
Changing to a white suitcase means I've left the Earth. I'm with the Lord. Be saved, too.
"One thing have I desired of the LORD,
that will I seek after;
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the LORD,
and to enquire in his temple.
"
(Psalm 27:4, KJV)


------------------------------------------


Considering the end of one's life can be intimidating, especially if you've enjoyed a relatively good life on Earth, and you are still in above-average health for your age bracket. God being my Helper, I would like to think I could live another two or three decades, here, while laying the foundation for a strong impact on future generations.

However, since tomorrow is never promised to any person, except King Hezekiah, for one, and his additional fifteen years, and since Schnujo is in the Falklands is offering beaucoup gift points for doing this as part of her
FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is in the Falklands
I think I'll finally write this Last Will & Testament, regarding my profile on Writing.Com.

At best my WDC profile is a repository of a small portion of the poems I have written in this life on Earth. My greatest desire is that these poems would be incense lifted up for the Glory of The Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Who is the Creator of All Things.

I'm glad to have attempted prose on many occasions, although it never seems to have been as strong a natural gifting as is my poetry writing.

For this reason, as a man of strong mind, strong spirit, and still strong body, I bequeath one-half of my remaining gift points to Dave for The Poet's Place, and the other half to Samberine Everose as the dear friend, sister in Christ, and daughter in heart, that she is. I understand, that dividing GPs among multiple WDC members can be a challenge, but I pray, that splitting these two ways is not too much of an inconvenience.

I would further desire, that The StoryMaster directs each of my books, that are still unpublished, to my daughter, Jade Amber Jewel , to edit for grammatical errors without changing the content, giving her any assistance he is able to give for the completion of the task or handing off such work to my WDC friends, who are known for their many likes and comments on my Notebook posts. (At the date of this writing, it is still my desire to publish them all, while I still live.)

Please, guarantee, that my poetry remains unedited in my profile since poetry is the nearest representation of who I am as a human.

Most, who have read my writings on WDC know, that my dearest desire is to have all readers to be affected by my writings, drawing every soul on Writing.Com, in specific, and every soul on Earth, at large, into a right relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ, The Lord of Glory. When I write these words, I do not wish to offend anyone, regarding their own heartfelt beliefs. I do simply say, that I have come to regard every person I have met on Writing.Com with great respect, and in love, I pray their forever state will be the best and the most blessed it can possibly be. To that end, I desire for them a right relationship with Jesus Christ because that is the highest prayer I know how to offer.

Finally, "search the Scriptures for in them you believe you have life everlasting." Hebrews 11 is The Hall of Faith. Great Wisdom is herein contained. John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10,13; Philippians 2:13; John 1:1-4, and the entire letter of 1st John are great resources for finding Everlasting HOPE.

If I have ever offended anyone, here, on Writing.Com, then I humbly ask you to forgive me.

If you have ever been my friend, here, then you still are.

If you have ever taught me in any capacity on Writing.Com, like Dave , Carol St.Ann , and Winnie Kay to name a few, then you continue to have my greatest respect, and thanks for a job well done.

I wish it to be noted, that I mean no disrespect to my wife and my daughter, since I have not left my gift points to either of them, but to Dave and to Samberine Everose . The truth is that my wife, hippychick has rarely been on Writing.Com since she opened her profile in 2016, enjoying her writing in other venues; and my daughter, Jade Amber Jewel has been less active in the past year or two since she is preparing for high school graduation. I knew, that Dave and Sam would have a more immediate need for my gift points, being able to use them right now. Yet, I do not want my Hippy Chick nor Jade Amber Jewel to be left out, regarding the gift points, that they may need at such time, that they decide to give focused attention to Writing.Com since I still expect they each will at some point in time. I know it would not be easy for my friends on WDC to send flowers to memorialize me,and I would prefer, that you didn't try to do so. I would rather have gift points sent to hippychick and Jade Amber Jewel in my name to remember me.

At first glance, it may seem odd, that I didn't leave my own gift points to my wife and daughter, but ultimately I trust the end result will somehow be greater for each of them by leaving it to love gifts from those, who have known me on WDC. The bottom line is simply this. Dave and Samberine Everose has been such dear friends, that I wanted to thank them greatly in some tangible way.

My friends at the Christian camp I used to attend in high school had this expression, "Here, there, or in the air." This was our parting blessing. Roughly, it meant, "I look forward to our next meeting being somewhere here on Earth or above the Earth during the Rapture of The Church, The Bride of Christ." At such time, that my suitcase goes white, only the last part can to the reader. Please, embrace Christ Jesus. Please, meet me in the air.

I am now enjoying one of C. S. Lewis' greatest quotes while living it in his presence.
"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!” ― C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle"

Blessings, All, Now and Forever.


Prompt 1: "Write a WdC Will (AKA Group Succession Plan) for any contests, activities, interactives, or anything else that you would like to pass on to someone else. If you don't own anything or don't want to pass it along, you may simply pass along your GPs, commissioned MBs, and commissioned awardicons to a group or person of your choosing."

Contest: The Whatever Contest

Word Count: 1112

Line Count: 89

Format: Prose - Essay


by Jay O’Toole
on September 24th, 2021


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 Jay O'Toole (777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258980-Living-in-Gods-House-Forever