*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2259039-The-Story
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2259039
Flash Fiction
The Story

“This is going to get ugly.”

“What?” Sam asked.

“See those two on the bench?” Jeff pointed.

“Ted White, right?”

“Yes.”

“So, What’s the deal?”

“That girl is not Susan.”

“How can you tell?”

“Look over there,” he pointed to the path behind the bench. There was Susan and two other girls walking up, just about to come into view of that bench.

“Woah! Let’s get closer so we can watch!”

“You’re Terrible! Great idea!” they rushed closer.

As the three girls came into view of the bench, they stopped. Then moved together, talking furiously, but without sound. There were many hand gestures, and angry faces, but still, no sound. Then they suddenly got funny looks on their faces, and then they all joined hands, smiling, turned and walked back the way they’d come.

Sam and Jeff stood dumfounded. “What just happened?” Sam said.

“I have no idea,” Jeff said.

“We have got to follow Ted around for a while and find out what happens!”

“How about we tell you what’s going to happen,” said a voice suddenly behind them.

The boys whipped around and found Susan and her two friends standing behind them.

“Ah, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jeff tried.

“We are pretty sure you do, spying on Ted and his new girlfriend, trying to get the goods on how I’ll react when I catch him cheating on me. Not very nice. Were you going to make me the laughing stock of the whole school because Ted was cheating on me?”

“No! Of course not!” Sam stuttered.

“Good, because I broke up with Ted last week.

“Oh,” said Jeff, “Well in that case, wanna go out?”

“In your dreams Spyguy!” they walked away.

It was Jeff and Sam’s best story for the rest of their lives.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2259039-The-Story