*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2260465-Lost-Poem-for-Fred
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2260465
This is a poem that I wrote a long time ago dedicated to my husband

To my husband Frederick

Without Whom I would be

Wandering Around in life

lost

I love you Honey



"Lost"


I would bet my life on the fact that without you I would be lost.

I would be lost on our trips on the bus without you. You are my eyes and my ears you keep me safe

even when I don't think I need it. I would be lost in life without as well. I appreciate that you keep me

on track even when I feel you don't have to. I can't imagine life without you I am not strong enough to be on my own in life without you. It may seem like I am but I am not. I may put up a front sometimes that I am but its exactly that a front. I feel I have to be strong all the time because that's all I know how to be is strong. I don't know how to let myself be vulnerable not anymore. I use to be able to but not anymore. With you I can sometimes let myself be vulnerable, because without you I would feel lost. I love to be with you I feel safe with you, but I have a hard time showing it sometimes. There are times I don't show it and I apologize for that.


After 25 years of marriage I am still not sure how to be anything but strong, but now I am going to try a little be harder to try and show that I can be vulnerable but that is going to be hard. I am going to say that without you in my life I would be wandering around lost. You know that me attempting to be vulnerable is a work in progress. With you in my life it is going to be a task so please don't go away from because I don't want to be lost in life because your not in it and that is hard for me to say.



I love you Fred


Tuesday, October 8, 2019


Jennifer Crystal Gorecki-Tims

© Copyright 2021 JTims74 (jcgt1974 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2260465-Lost-Poem-for-Fred