*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261103-Front-Page-Indoctrination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Article · News · #2261103
An Article by Firebrand Times Journalist, Miss Loren
Disclaimer from Editor-in-chief:
All my writers at this paper are booklearned, respectable folks with morals. Whether folks think morality is subjective, or if it aint fit yalls opinions, views, or agendas, thats yalls hang up. This IS America- and if even yall got sights on changing it, it aint gone happen. We're AMERICAN, and freedom to think for ones self and are given rights by our Creator...If yall believe yall done 'evolved,' I dont know what to tell you... YALL got a constitution- Its mainstream news, social media, big tech, Hollyweird, the elites, and the government. I encourage yall to think for YOURSELVES. OUR Constitution is for the religious and the moral persons, and we believe and honor it- like I said; this is America, and we entitled to freedom of speech, and religion- NO HUMAN, entity, or government got the power to change it. Respect my writers. Yall are welcome to disagree. WE respect YALL and yalls opinions and we ask yall do the same. We gone always be polite, but kindness aint weakness. A disagreement aint got to be as unwelcome as an outhouse breeze. As Editor, all negative comments should come to me Bride A. Livewire , firebrandtimes, and not my writers.

Welcome to America.


“All beliefs, habits, tastes, emotions, mental attitudes that characterize our time are really designed to sustain the mystique of the Party and prevent the true nature of present-day society from being perceived.”
-George Orwell, 1984

Schools in, people. Hand in your homework and lend us your minds for a while, we’ll let you know what to think.

Today's lesson: Indoctrination. There won’t be a test at the end, but pay attention anyway...people need to hear this.

in·doc·tri·na·tion
/inˌdäktrəˈnāSHən/
noun
indoctrination
the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

Now that that’s clear, I’ll propose a question to you: When, exactly, was the last time you had a civil debate on a controversial topic? Where were you? I doubt you were at school. Why? Because school isn’t a place for politics. But yet I see several statements just walking down the halls, some covert, some completely, screamingly overt. Safe space stickers, anti-bias contracts, compelled speech, the genderbread person...
The genderbread person? Oh yeah, if you don’t know what that is, here’s a picture:






This certain poster was designed for elementary schoolers. Yep, you read that right, kids 5-10 (or maybe 6-11 depending on the child’s birthday), who, in kindergarten, have to bring a change of clothes in case they wet themselves and take naps at school every day, to a 10 year old...when I was 10 I didn’t know anything about politics, “gender expression”, or any of that. What’s changed? I'll tell you what’s changed...our society.


I’m a member of Gen Z, probably the most painfully PC people on the planet. We slap trigger warnings on any word that isn’t the, an, and a. We make sure we don’t hurt anyone’s feelings when we speak. We’re overly worried about how others feel about us, with no regard to whether or not we feel the same about ourselves. We’re, as a whole, snowflakes. So it makes sense that there’d be a push for radical inclusivity.

Let me be very, very clear. My problem doesn’t lie with the personal courtesies all people deserve. If you prefer different pronouns, I’ll use them, because I would want the same consideration and kindness from other people, if you like guys as a guy, that’s really not my business. But why is it homophobic not to care one way or the other? Why is it a prejudice not to celebrate it? Because at the end of the day, virtue signalling wins. But more of that will come in the next article.

Let's talk about safe spaces.

safe space
noun
a place or environment in which a person or category of people can feel confident that they will not be exposed to discrimination, criticism, harassment, or any other emotional or physical harm.
"school must be a safe space for LGBT students"

Sounds great on the surface, right? Support groups are a great way to seek help and get in a better mental headspace. No argument there. But not being able to be criticized? At school? Really? The entire idea and purpose of school is to learn, to have your ideas challenged and to learn how to hold conversations with real people. Criticism isn’t a bad thing. Criticism can be helpful, and the idea that we have to shield these young adults from anything they don’t agree with is absolutely preposterous. See definition of indoctrination.

This all begs the question “why are we allowing our children to be molded by these ideals?” and “Why do I feel the need to have politically charged discussions with my 5-year-old to make sure they aren’t being steered away from our moral?” And the answer is clear: Because our educators are not educating on the subjects and classes they’ve been employed for. They’re educating a whole new generation of uneducated people. And that scares me.

LorenIsOneOfMyNames
© Copyright 2021 Bride A. Livewire (iambride at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261103-Front-Page-Indoctrination