*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261124-Genesis-Blurb
by Sahari
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #2261124
A few paragraphs about the story I'm writing.
Taryn is a mutant in a world where mutants are considered no more than monsters in human skin. The descendants of the gods rule as mortal Kings and the entire world waits for their fates to be decided in the prophesied battle between the Last Lothor King and the mutants’ Dark Prince. But Taryn believes this is all fantasy, born from legends and myth. There are no gods; only mutants who don’t know how to use their abilities, and middlings who are too afraid to even think that they should learn. Taryn is determined to change that.

Her plan is a simple one: win the King to her cause and the faiths of the masses will compel them to follow. It should have been an easy enough task; the King doesn’t seem to believe in the prophecies any more than she does. But soon the ambitions of a criminal empire, the plots of warmongering officials and the looming threat of a violent faith movement begin to erode their fragile relationship and derail her plans.

Can the two of them reconcile in time to prevent a civil war or will their inability to work together bring about the very thing they’ve fought so hard to avoid?
© Copyright 2021 Sahari (sahari33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261124-Genesis-Blurb