*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261405-Twas-the-night-of-June-14th
by Savey
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2261405
A break in
Twas the night of June 14th and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

All the windows and doors were locked with safety and care, in hope no intruder would dare enter there.

My sweet child all nestled and snug in his bed, while cowboys and Indians play sword fights in his head.

And mamma had just settled down for a long summer’s nap, when a shift in the bed there arose a sudden tap.

I figured it was my husband that came home for the night, in turn it was a stranger who filled me with fright.

A dark presence unknown deep in the shadows, paralyzed there in no reach of a gallow.

His body engulfed me, smelling of booze, heart and mind racing not knowing what to do.

So I reached for his throat, letting him know it wasn’t a joke.

I yelled for him to get out, but he said I felt so good, I remained calm not an ounce of me moved.

I repeated myself but he said let’s just pretend….im your husband.

After hearing his voice I knew by then, this man was a cop and my husband’s friend.

For the 3rd time I yelled for him to get out, not knowing his intentions, I was sure he would kill me know doubt.

Unsure of weapons or the safety of my child, he resumed to sit there for a short while.

For reasons unknown he walked down the hall, I grabbed my phone but no one answered my calls.

I heard him walking back, so I quickly placed my phone in my lap.

Again I began to panic not knowing what to do; he bent over and whispered that he forgot his shoes.

And as quickly as he entered, he soon had gone, with police arriving so did the dawn.

I couldn’t sleep for days and it took 2 years, to find out his sentence and to face all my fears.

Many different trials and 3 rape victims later, I soon found out God did me a favor. He had left me completely untouched, but the poor other victims, not so much.

So he is sitting in Kansas in a military prison, living out his 18 year sentence.

You may think this is the end of my story, but this is just the beginning, giving God all the glory!
© Copyright 2021 Savey (savey37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261405-Twas-the-night-of-June-14th